Getting more than you bargained for with Home DNA tests

I hate to tell you, but you are now in the system. They may not have your exact DNA, but a sibling now ties you to the data base.

I wonder if it’s time to introduce AI technology into the mystical world...

I look at a lot of paranormal stuff as just a label that we put on something that we don't understand. Technology sufficiently advanced would be indistinguishable from magic. Human intelligence and the way our minds and brains work is still a vast unexplored field. I wonder if AI reaches the point of being self-aware if it also will reach out and into the unknown. Since I don't understand what I can sometimes do I can't say that another intelligence, even if of mechanical rather than organic-based, could not do these things also. It makes for interesting thoughts and is something to ponder.

I look at a lot of paranormal stuff as just a label that we put on something that we don't understand. Technology sufficiently advanced would be indistinguishable from magic. Human intelligence and the way our minds and brains work is still a vast unexplored field. I wonder if AI reaches the point of being self-aware if it also will reach out and into the unknown. Since I don't understand what I can sometimes do I can't say that another intelligence, even if of mechanical rather than organic-based, could not do these things also. It makes for interesting thoughts and is something to ponder.
The word paranormal simply denotes beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding. I've always felt that science and spirit will come together to show us the big picture someday.

My niece recently took one of these and found her bio parents (who didn't want to be found) and some sisters and brothers. It appears they give you names of your closest relationship possibilities. This is a form of doxxing, if you ask me. Nothing confidential with these things. And the government builds it's data base.
Is there a way you can find out your family tree, ethnic background and whatnot without one of these private programs?

Reactions: Benway
Jadamz,

It’s the idea that someone could ultimately use my DNA against me or my family which keeps me from trying one of these services. One of my siblings did this two years ago and I wasn’t even certain that I wanted to hear those results.
The sad thing is that if a family member does this it really “outs” the family to the agencies that might discriminate.

Sigil magick most probably.

(Unless Lynne challenges me then it’s likely dance - on pointe, arms out, and twirling. That’s how I prayed to see lessen severity of Hurricane Dorian.)

Sigil sounds more practical.
I get the sigil idea how does this cross into AI ? Btw what a great way to set intention. Sigils In my opinion help set intention and can be a way of manifesting our ideas into the physical world. The creation of the sign seems to be that in itself. Joshua Warren has done sand and water sigil creation with vibrations. I find the topic very interesting.

Is there a way you can find out your family tree, ethnic background and whatnot without one of these private programs?
You could pay a private co to do your DNA that is not connected with the data base. Could you trust them? I wonder if you could use a fake name ?

Reactions: Benway
The sad thing is that if a family member does this it really “outs” the family to the agencies that might discriminate.

This should be an actual “big boy” consideration that every person thinks through before submitting a DNA sample to one of these services.

Ouch! What about the lowbrow who would secretly submit someone else’s DNA sample to introduce havoc into their life!!!!????

Reactions: Benway and Charleh