Georgia BF experience

he noticed an awful lot with their window only being halfway down...... i first wondered if he was in one of the dispersed camping areas but probably not with a main road running by it... north georgia has a lot of back camping areas off some forestry roads....(if you really want to call them roads...lol.... they are treacherous, you wont get a camper in there and usually need 4x4 depending on the time of year...those are the places to go for any real chances of finding something)..as far as the sticker on the back, probably just other regular people, bigfoot hobbyist types, dont think a gov. vehicle would be marked by a big sticker....lol... (besides, i really dont think the gov. has any interest in the bigfoot phenomena to begin with)

Reactions: K9-1
That's standard dress and equipment for some up in this area....lol!
There is a remote campsite that's notorious for BF and strange things. He wasn't there! You need a 4x4 to get to the site and there are no campsites near it! I'll be going there to scout the area mid September then I'll be doing a camping trip there in October. I'll take lots of pictures for y'all.

Reactions: Paulm
That's standard dress and equipment for some up in this area....lol!
There is a remote campsite that's notorious for BF and strange things. He wasn't there! You need a 4x4 to get to the site and there are no campsites near it! I'll be going there to scout the area mid September then I'll be doing a camping trip there in October. I'll take lots of pictures for y'all.
cool, watch for snakes, camped north of clayton last november, thanksgiving week. lots of rattlesnakes up there. and the occasional coral snake, (though rare that far up)... just remember red on black friend to jack red on yellow, kill a fellow.....lol

Reactions: K9-1
cool, watch for snakes, camped north of clayton last november, thanksgiving week. lots of rattlesnakes up there. and the occasional coral snake, (though rare that far up)... just remember red on black friend to jack red on yellow, kill a fellow.....lol

I don't mess with snakes. I've killed many copperhead here and 1 rattler since I moved here. Only had 1 this summer,but I got several very big king snakes that seem to keep the copperhead and rattlers in check. I also always have a firearm if needed. If I can just walk by fine. If I put my foot down and it's right there I'll shoot it.
I also hammock camp,but on this trip I may sleep in the jeep since my 1 German Shepherd will be with me. We will either share the back with the rear seats down or I'll remove the top of my jeep hang my hammock over the jeep and let her have the back of the jeep while I sleep above her. Of course she will be leashed, but she never ever leaves my side. If she growls of barks something is up and you need to pay attention! She won't bark at deer or other forest critters. Now strangers or unfamiliar things different story. I trust her with my life and believe me she earned that trust!

Reactions: Lynne
It wouldn't surprise me if there is a section of park service that watches for these creatures to become a problem. It also wouldn't surprise me if the real reason we have state parks is to give them a place to live. We co-exist most of the time but once in a while maybe one becomes a problem, and they send in a dispatch crew. Maybe that's why the guy with the clipboard was taking names to keep track of the campers in the event of problem. There may have been an ongoing issue with a rogue creature. I know this sounds nuts, even to me as I type this. There are crazy things going on in this world still.