Geologists spotted a UFO

I wish there was a better picture. It is oddly shaped. At first I thought they were going to say they say a craft uncovered in the melting snow. I was surprised when it was a moving object.

Great story, had no heard it before. It occurred in the general area of the contested territory of Kashmir. India and Pakistan have had numerous clashes here, some have even speculated if a nuclear exchange is to occur in the future, it could develop over Kashmir. So is there any question recon drones would be in this area? Pakistani? Indian? Chinese? US?

The article considered drones, but only fixed wing drones. They did not consider rotor wing drones that can hover and also fly both vertically and laterally. Those three flight characteristics can account for the observations of the scientists (geologists, not aero engineers or even physicists.) A drone flying laterally at ground level could be interpreted as moving on the ground when seen from a distance, for example.

What I don't know is the state of drone technology in 2005. We would not be talking about a hobbyist drone, it would have to have been at least commercial quality, if not military grade. It also would have been large enough for the scientists to see at a distance, and to carry the video and transmitting/receiving equipment necessary to make it a reconnaissance asset. There is also the question of range, both in terms of distances able to be flown and telemetry for command/control. Did such a drone exist 20+ years ago?

If I had to guess, I'd say this was an Indian drone the scientists were not supposed to have seen. The Indian government would prefer the world thinks there was a UFO, as opposed to the world, the Pakis and Chinese in particular, know they had that drone capability.

Last edited:
Great story, had no heard it before. It occurred in the general area of the contested territory of Kashmir. India and Pakistan have had numerous clashes here, some have even speculated if a nuclear exchange is to occur in the future, it could develop over Kashmir. So is there any question recon drones would be in this area? Pakistani? Indian? Chinese? US?

The article considered drones, but only fixed wing drones. They did not consider rotor wing drones that can hover and also fly both vertically and laterally. Those three flight characteristics can account for the observations of the scientists (geologists, not aero engineers or even physicists.) A drone flying laterally at ground level could be interpreted as moving on the ground when seen from a distance, for example.

What I don't know is the state of drone technology in 2005. We would not be talking about a hobbyist drone, it would have to have been at least commercial quality, if not military grade. It also would have been large enough for the scientists to see at a distance, and to carry the video and transmitting/receiving equipment necessary to make it a reconnaissance asset. There is also the question of range, both in terms of distances able to be flown and telemetry for command/control. Did such a drone exist 20+ years ago?

If I had to guess, I'd say this was an Indian drone the scientists were not supposed to have seen. The Indian government would prefer the world thinks there was a UFO, as opposed to the world, the Pakis and Chinese in particular, know they had that drone capability.

Agreed still interesting that they saw hands legs walking down a mountain 150 feet away then go back up to then take flight then hover over them for 5 min could be a drone but i am sure they know what a drone looks like but always possibility as there not trained observers of aircraft's plus the photos do add to it just odd.

Reactions: Walking Goose

Excellent deduction.

Agreed still interesting that they saw hands legs walking down a mountain 150 feet away then go back up to then take flight then hover over them for 5 min could be a drone but i am sure they know what a drone looks like but always possibility as there not trained observers of aircraft's plus the photos do add to it just odd.
Never assume anyone knows what they see in the sky. The things people report as UFOs clearly shows most do not.

Reactions: Lynne
Never assume anyone knows what they see in the sky. The things people report as UFOs clearly shows most do not.
Yes well as it stated in the title of the piece they came to this conclusion as well could be many things i guise that is why they call it a ufo i never assume anything when it come to humans for we all have our own realty we all have our own perception of that reality .

Reactions: Lynne
Rendelsham came to mind as well as the MANY reported UFO interests in nupe bases out wet and in other countries. If time travel is possible why not come back for something needed in the future? Maybe in the next 20 years they will go to war and end the whole ecosystem forever? Just a thought.

Rendelsham came to mind as well as the MANY reported UFO interests in nupe bases out wet and in other countries. If time travel is possible why not come back for something needed in the future? Maybe in the next 20 years they will go to war and end the whole ecosystem forever? Just a thought.
Oh not hoping for war!