Gary, IN, Demon house demolished

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Demon-House.jpg

A home in Gary, Indiana that made headlines for allegedly being fraught with demonic activity has been demolished.

The property rose to paranormal prominence in 2014 when the Indy Star wrote an exhaustive investigative piece on previous owner Latoya Ammons, who claimed that she and her three children had become tormented by evil spirits residing there.

Her story was bolstered by a wealth of official documentation from police, state care workers, and even clergy members who had experienced strange events when they investigated the case.

One particularly compelling incident featured one of Ammons' children literally walking up a wall while possessed, much to the astonishment of a state official, a nurse, and a doctor who witnessed the feat.
A police visit to the home produced a chilling audio recording of a demonic voice and unsettling shapes appearing in photographs taken by authorities.

The investigation was fraught with so many strange incidents that even Gary police Capt. Charles Austin unequivocally stated to the Indy Star, "I'm a believer."

News of the demonic possession documented by police and state officials created a firestorm of interest in the house and the Ammons were visited by a plethora of media outlets and paranormal investigators.
Over time, the demonic activity seemed to subside and the Ammons sold the home to Zak Bagans of the television program Ghost Adventures.

Perhaps hoping to rid the home of evil once and for all, Baggins had the property demolished as part of a documentary he is making about the Ammons story.

Source: Indy Star

Reactions: Grinchesbro
Painted a house near there. No report. Nothing felt bad, except we all had are heads on a swivel to keep the ladders from being stolen... well they are my ladders.:)

Last edited:
We are in the last month of post-production,” Bagans tells us. “The Demon House project has given me more knowledge about the dark forces that exist out there than anything I’ve ever investigated before. With ‘Ghost Adventures’ we commonly take four days to do an investigation. With this I’ve been able to take two years. Seeing how many people have been affected by the house… people from all walks of life… it’s really enabled me to study how these demons work. It’s a lot different than most people perceive. The aspect of intelligence that these demons exhibit… they work in ways that we cannot comprehend. There are limits pertaining to how much you can study something that is more advanced than we are. It’s been so hard for me to get to the point of ending this film.
Zak continues, “It’s a big challenge for me to come to terms with the fact that the final month of production on this project is here. The hardest thing for me is to say, ‘Okay, we have to stop filming now’ because I don’t want to. I really want to keep filming this house for a long time, but it’s dangerous. Like I said, it has affected people who have the highest level of knowledge that you possibly could have of the paranormal. People who are widely recognized worldwide as being at the top of their field, whether it be demonology, parapsychology, or psychophysiology. This makes me recognize that there are limits to how much further I should keep going on this case. The house keeps drawing me back there, but when I am there, I am not me. A lot of people who have been there have told me that they felt the same way.”

Truth or hype for the movie? I say truth.
I tend to believe him. Demons can get into your brain on many levels, and this one appears to have affected Zak deeply. Although I know we are always quick to deny or try to debunk these things, I hear real fear here.

It says the movie is to be released this year. Anybody know if that's in theaters or is he doing it for a TV channel?

Reactions: Grinchesbro
It says the movie is to be released this year. Anybody know if that's in theaters or is he doing it for a TV channel?
I'm not sure. I've heard it's a limited release. My guess is it may be a "buy it here" situation for home viewing. This is one I just might buy.