Gamer Pigs

I guess if you can teach a 2 year old child to play video games, why not pigs.
They are smarter than dogs and have an intelligence that has outperformed that of a three year old child in multiple scientific tests.

Reactions: Lynne
Pigs are smart. I have often thought that if they had vocal cords and the part of the human brain that allows speech that we would not be eating them. You can train a pig to do anything that you can teach a dog to do in about half the time.

My family comes from an area that has pig ranches instead of hog farms. The difference is that the ranched pigs are not penned up and run free in the pastures. They are not fed into obesity and live long lives because they are for breeding stock for the hog farms that are raising hogs for slaughter. There is a big difference between a 4-year-old hog and a slaughtered hog that is 6 to 7 months old at slaughter. Smarts wise it is sort of like comparing an 8 to 10-year-old kid to a 35-year-old adult. Pigs can live for 15 to 20 years if not slaughtered.

I used to go out and fish on one of those ranches. Those pigs were sort of eerie. Since they were kept and handles for more years they reached full maturity and were about as friendly as a friendly dog. They would come and sit and watch me fish, occasionally coming closer for a scratch and rub. There was an intelligence there that sort of bothered me.

Reactions: Lynne
Pigs are smart. I have often thought that if they had vocal cords and the part of the human brain that allows speech that we would not be eating them. You can train a pig to do anything that you can teach a dog to do in about half the time.

My family comes from an area that has pig ranches instead of hog farms. The difference is that the ranched pigs are not penned up and run free in the pastures. They are not fed into obesity and live long lives because they are for breeding stock for the hog farms that are raising hogs for slaughter. There is a big difference between a 4-year-old hog and a slaughtered hog that is 6 to 7 months old at slaughter. Smarts wise it is sort of like comparing an 8 to 10-year-old kid to a 35-year-old adult. Pigs can live for 15 to 20 years if not slaughtered.

I used to go out and fish on one of those ranches. Those pigs were sort of eerie. Since they were kept and handles for more years they reached full maturity and were about as friendly as a friendly dog. They would come and sit and watch me fish, occasionally coming closer for a scratch and rub. There was an intelligence there that sort of bothered me.
I agree they are very smart. They get bord and often farmers would hang tires and try to give them things to entertain themselves.