Game Time!

Hay used to be in a pile before bailers. Was thinking it might be a grabber of sorts.

It's definitely a grabber of some kind, but looks too small to use for hay. My grandpa had hay tongs on the farm, they were much larger, sturdier, and heavier. I think they were made of cast iron.

Whatever #4 is, it looks like it was designed to grab something relatively round. The serrated edges of the arms would suggest whatever it's picking up is soft, edges like that would do you no good picking up a bowling ball. I do think it's a farm implement, maybe used with lettuce or cabbage heads?

Reactions: Lynne
C record adapter

I'm inclined to agree simply because one side of it is labeled "front." There would be no reason for a "front" for a coin holder, and the business end of a lighter would be self evident.

Reactions: Lynne
I'm inclined to agree simply because one side of it is labeled "front." There would be no reason for a "front" for a coin holder, and the business end of a lighter would be self evident.
At first I wondered why it was so tall. Then I remembered that you could stack several 45s and the mechanism would let one record fall after the previous one was finished playing.

Reactions: Lynne and Duke
#4--This one has me scratching my head. It's obviously a device used to pick something up, but I'm confused by its lack of an extension handle of some type. With a handle, if could have been an antique version of the reach grabber marketed today to seniors and those vertically challenged.
View attachment 23555
On the other hand, it could have been used as a prop in a steampunk production of "Edward Scissorhands."
You're sorta on the right track....but it's specific to grabbing one thing.