Game of Thrones and Crazy Californians

damon

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Californians are just plain nutty for naming their kids after characters of the show. lol. What does everyone thinks about this??

Reactions: Lynne
There are places where a child's name has to be OKed by the government. This is done to protect the kids from parents hanging a weird name on the kids. Names can be a constant irritant to a kid. My family usually goes by their middle name and their first name is often a family name. I absolutely HATE my first name. It was my Grandfathers first name and he didn't use it either. In 1920 Horace might have been OK but it didn't work for me in the 60s. I have always gone by Danny or Dan but all official documents have to be Horace. Every year when school started I had to fight with the teachers about what I was going to answer to and be called. Personally, I think that a kid should be allowed to choose their permanent name when they turn 18.

Reactions: Selectric
Californians are just plain nutty for naming their kids after characters of the show. lol. What does everyone thinks about this??
You don't suppose that California having the most population in the nation has anything to do with that "statistic", do you?

Since it has the most people, wouldn't California have the most of every kind of name?

You might want to think about the difference between a total number and a percentage before deciding that 40 million people are "crazy." :)

• Big Grin
Reactions: Selectric
Gotta admit though, there probably are more crazy people in Cali due to that percentage :)

There are places where a child's name has to be OKed by the government. This is done to protect the kids from parents hanging a weird name on the kids. Names can be a constant irritant to a kid. My family usually goes by their middle name and their first name is often a family name. I absolutely HATE my first name. It was my Grandfathers first name and he didn't use it either. In 1920 Horace might have been OK but it didn't work for me in the 60s. I have always gone by Danny or Dan but all official documents have to be Horace. Every year when school started I had to fight with the teachers about what I was going to answer to and be called. Personally, I think that a kid should be allowed to choose their permanent name when they turn 18.
Being a person that never judged anyone by their given name i guess to each their own. I find it unique to have a different name that isn't as average as the sun rising everyday. Though, there are some pretty over-the-top unique names.

I guess it’s up to the parents. The kids can change their name when their 18. Nutty names are not not new. Like Gwyneth Peltro naming her kid Apple.