Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
We currently live on 5 acres in the middle of nowhere...but I just sold off 3 acres and one house TODAY! YAY! We're moving back over to the other 2 acres and the other house we own. The one we've been in is too much maintenance for us old farts. The other one is just "next door", but it doesn't have a barn, chicken coop, etc. Simply 3 bed, 2 bath, only 1 acre mowable...the rest in trees. Time to downsize and live without the daily chores of upkeep but still a 10 mile drive to "somewhere."
Congrats, Debi!

We currently live on 5 acres in the middle of nowhere...but I just sold off 3 acres and one house TODAY! YAY! We're moving back over to the other 2 acres and the other house we own. The one we've been in is too much maintenance for us old farts. The other one is just "next door", but it doesn't have a barn, chicken coop, etc. Simply 3 bed, 2 bath, only 1 acre mowable...the rest in trees. Time to downsize and live without the daily chores of upkeep but still a 10 mile drive to "somewhere."
Good news on selling, Debi! Congratulations!

Reactions: Debi
Awesome! How long were you on the market? We didn't sell our house in Missouri until we had been down here for almost six months.

We have only 3/4 of an acre here, but it's big enough to grow all the veggies we need, and I still want a few chickens for fresh eggs. I grew up in the country on a small farm, so this is getting back to my roots a bit...

Awesome! How long were you on the market? We didn't sell our house in Missouri until we had been down here for almost six months.

We have only 3/4 of an acre here, but it's big enough to grow all the veggies we need, and I still want a few chickens for fresh eggs. I grew up in the country on a small farm, so this is getting back to my roots a bit...

Thank you! We were only on the market 11 weeks with no expectations to sell until Spring. Who'd a thunk someone would buy it at Christmas time?! We close Jan. 30th. The other house we're going back to is actually larger, but the grounds upkeep was just doing us in with this house. Too many outbuildings and too much to mow. I will have plenty of room to putter in the garden without chasing down chickens, lambs, etc. and dealing with a huge barn. Plus the other house is 3 bedrooms so the grandkids will have their own room when they come to visit. My youngest son lives with us (he has Asperger's but is very high functioning) so he will have his own "wing" of the house. All in all, it's the best move for us all. Still in the country, but not so much to deal with!

Reactions: Naked Apple
Thank you! We were only on the market 11 weeks with no expectations to sell until Spring. Who'd a thunk someone would buy it at Christmas time?! We close Jan. 30th. The other house we're going back to is actually larger, but the grounds upkeep was just doing us in with this house. Too many outbuildings and too much to mow. I will have plenty of room to putter in the garden without chasing down chickens, lambs, etc. and dealing with a huge barn. Plus the other house is 3 bedrooms so the grandkids will have their own room when they come to visit. My youngest son lives with us (he has Asperger's but is very high functioning) so he will have his own "wing" of the house. All in all, it's the best move for us all. Still in the country, but not so much to deal with!
That's a pretty quick sell! I expected our place to move sooner than it did... 2500 square feet on a double lot in a neighborhood on the National Register of Historic Places. Needless to say, we were over the moon when we finally got that call from out realtor!

Reactions: Debi
Here, you can see the sights in the corner of my back yard. :p This was earlier today... our ice storm turned into mostly a sleet/snow mix, which I am thankful for. The northern half of the state got hit pretty hard, though. Gonna be sub-freezing for a few days though, but that I can deal with.

lookin_out_my_back_door.jpg

Surge, you posted this gorgeous picture on 12.6.13. Have you noticed any weather changes in your neck of the woods since this was shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.