G.I. Joe Masterpiece Editions from 1996

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
This ties in with Debi's post yesterday about our childhood toys. I don't have any of my childhood toys, so I've been getting some of the re-issues of G.I. Joe - anniversary ones or special editions, etc. I just recently completed getting this set.

In 1996, Chronicle Books came out with a series of all four of the original GI Joe action figures: Action Soldier, Action Sailor, Action Marine and Action Pilot. Each figure came in exceptional packaging, and also included a book with a slip cover to match whatever branch of military the figure was. Don Levine, the driving force of the original product, provided much of the material for the book. A later fifth edition came out as an exclusive from FAO Schwartz which was a G.I. Joe Astronaut figure and book set, created to coincide with the G.I. Joe Collector's Convention that was being held on Florida's Space Coast in 1996.

For further reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe:_Masterpiece_Edition#Special_editions

Here are volumes one through four:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

And the astronaut...

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Reactions: Debi
I'm guessing you keep these in the box unopened? No playing with them? :D Collector's items?

Reactions: Seahunter