Funny/Noteworthy Graffiti

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
You'll find graffiti everywhere these days, it's even become an acknowledged art form. Remembering this is a family friendly site, what's the funniest or most striking graffiti you've ever seen?

I try to read the graffiti on the trains that roll through my town. They have some incredible art work. I can’t say I remember anything funny at the moment. A good question of the day. Can’t wait to read them.

There was an entire area of very deprived housing (mainly high rise tower blocks) in the city where I was a student. It was a hotbed of drugs and vandalism to the point where they eventually decided to raze it to the ground. Before they did so, I went there to take some photos.

Amongst all the other (mostly unintelligble) graffiti, a few phrases stood out:

"Goodbye, sweet Hulme, you'll never know how good it was or how much fun we had!"

"Say goodbye to the playground in the sky"

"Hello! magazine's best decorated slum, 1998"

Last edited:
The funniest graffiti I ever saw was on a public bathroom stall door at a UK motorway services area. "BEWARE THE LIMBO DANCERS" was written at sitting eye level with an arrow drawn down to the gap between the bottom of the door and the floor.

There was some graffiti on the bathroom walls in my highschool that I thought was hilarious back then when I put there.

The bathroom walls had the usual crude and obscene markings but also a weird race war with thing like "White Power", "Black Power" and "Brown Pride" being written and crossed out all over the place, like someone thinks they somehow "won" if their part is the last one not crossed out. Along with a buddy of mine we found this both absurd and stupid so we crossed out all the other tags and put up our own. We added a message that basically read "Screw these races-Women's Rights" and similar one for "Gay Pride". As if being a woman or gay meant not being one of these races. It was something to poke fun at the idea. We also wrote "Plaid Power" which was pretty funny because it was later crossed out, apparently someone was very racist against plaid people. My favorite was the one where we crossed everything out and wrote "Power of Grayskull". Over the next few weeks I was hearing people talking about that one. Like I'd be in science class and two guys would be talking to each other saying "Dude, it's hilarious. It's the bathroom in the big gym, in the last stall someone wrote "Power of Grayskull!".

Is there such a thing as graffiti that IS family-friendly? Considering the places that I am usually moved to express my poetic urges in that form I am not generally of a mind to place prose of a cute lyrical nature. I generally run from R to XXX rated. Yes, I admit that I am an outhouse poet...