From frying pan to...

We have all sorts of devices, most bought by my husband. Everything from an indoor grill to a special can opener for him and a different electric can opener for me. Bread machine and Kitchen Aid Mixer, emulsion mixer, right down to holders to cook stuffed peppers that looks like a giant jalapeno. My crockpot is a must, and I hated the InstaPot. Gave that away.
my wife owned a restaurant and a catering service, while now retired she still does the occasional wedding cake or birthday catering so we have just about everything you can think of... im more old fashioned and just depend on pots and pans....or the grill outside for 90% of cooking. never had much luck with electric can openers and now days the manual ones arent much better..lol...while we do have an instapot, i havent yet gotten the PHD required to operate the thing. so that is a useless item for me also ( a stealth bomber would be easier to learn to operate )...... this is my go to can opener most times.............
1642910942845.png

best thing ever built.

.while we do have an instapot, i havent yet gotten the PHD required to operate the thing. so that is a useless item for me also ( a stealth bomber would be easier to learn to operate )
Truer words were never spoken. Which is why I gave mine away!

Truer words were never spoken. Which is why I gave mine away!
I find that a lot of appliances have touch screens which drive me crazy. My fine motor coordination isn't the best, and my fingers tend to slip right across the keys, if they can be called that. My microwave has a touch screen, the stove has a touch screen, my phone...Sigh.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
Me am kitchen caveman. If I can find a can opener rather than just using a sharp knife I feel sophisticated. I have a microwave oven, but it's from about 1982; vast, heavy and a gift from my step grandmother. It's so old that it has no revolving dish, so I have to stop it and manually turn the food round! And if I want to whisk, I go like crazy with a fork.
In short, my kitchen is a stylishly retro bijou kitchenette cleverly patterned after a walk-in closet with an ironic proper kitchen motiff, embracing the visceral aesthetic of the post post modern enviromentally friendly rage against machines zeitgeist, ideal for the truly ambitious cook looking to ride the neo-spartan zeigeist and who is prepared to wear lead shielded pants when microwaving ready-meals.

Last edited:
Me am kitchen caveman. If I can find a can opener rather than just using a sharp knife I feel sophisticated. I have a microwave oven, but it's from about 1982; vast, heavy and a gift from my step grandmother. It's so old that it has no revolving dish, so I have to stop it and manually turn the food round! And if I want to whisk, I go like crazy with a fork.
In short, my kitchen is a stylishly retro bijou kitchenette cleverly patterned after a walk-in closet with an ironic proper kitchen motiff, embracing the visceral aesthetic of the post post modern enviromentally friendly rage against machines zeitgeist, ideal for the truly ambitious cook looking to ride the neo-spartan zeigeist and who is prepared to wear lead shielded pants when microwaving ready-meals.
You have to get a new micro wave. The new ones are fairly cheep and work so much faster than that model lol. It might also be leaking so stand back lol

I have a beautiful bread machine away. It was taking up counter space for years. I much prefer my own hands. I no longer use a fry pay. I remember using one a lot in the early years of married life. The micro wave is quickly being replaced by my air fryer and new wave oven. I generally only use it to heat cups of water for tea.

I love my cast iron skillets and my crock pot. I bought a quick pot pressure cooker but I have not used it much. My daughter bought me a compost machine and it takes up a lot of space on the counter. I don't use it as it uses too much electricity and really doesn't compost, just cooks and shreds what ever you put in it. This year my daughter bought me a little counter ice maker and I love that. I have a lot more room in the freezer without all the ice trays. I occassionally use the blender but I prefer the hand mixer.

I would definitely recommend the baking stones.

Reactions: Lynne