friendly or foe?

Rach

Reaction score
Im wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
i moved out of my parents last year and they now live in a very remote, desolate part of the countryside.
On sunday eve at approx 10.30 [so obvioulsy it was dark, and quite late] my mom texted me to say something very strange and unusual had just happened, apparently she had been folding some washing in her lounge, and, the patio door handle [to her left] started being pulled at, within seconds the door had been pulled open, so forcefully that it had done a 180' and smashed into the next patio window. Mom said she was very surprised that it didnt actually smash the window next to it. This isnt the first time doors have opened on their own in their home [not so violently as this one], and the first month they moved into this bungalow my dad [who really doesnt believe in anything paranormal] said he opened the crystal cupaboard to get a brandy glass out, and the brandy glass flew out onto the laminate flooring of the kitchen. I have experienced a lot of paranomal goings on and acitivty, as has my mom - more so than me, and I dont mind cheeky behavoiur to an extent but this really did give me the willies, and I will tell you for why - one of our last houses we had as a family [Im 29 now and I was around 9 at the time], was so strange, and almost dark if you will, we decided to pack up and leave as we couldnt take the stuff that was going on in there for much longer. We went away one week for Xmas, and upon our return, our whole house was trashed, and when I say trashed it looked like the house had been ransacked, every single door and every single window was locked and there was no forced entry anywhere, we would find photos hung up on the walls with cracks down family members faces, we'd all be seated in the lounge and what could only be described as was "someone moving heavy furniture upstairs" could be heard, our dog at the time would snarl and growl at inane areas of the room, I remember my mom lighting candles in the lounge and Id go help her in the kitchen with dinner and on our return to the lounge somewhat [40/45 mins later] all candles would be out, wed have the heating on and our log fire and some areas of the house would feel absolutely artic. we once found as what I can only describe as an old fire poker under our rug [that had been overturned whilst we were out] - we'd never seen it in our lives before and still have no idea where it came from. I was so petrified I slept in my moms bed for the whole duration i lived at that property, my nan who also lived with us suggested we get the house blessed. anyway my point is that this type of acitivty that happened on sunday, Im worried that it might be something that may be a little more sinister rather than just someone passing through and saying "hello", I dont want it to manifiest into anything like the old house we used to have.
anyone else experienced anything like doors violently opening? or anything i have described above in fact? thanks in advance!

Hi Rach, I moved your thread to this section called your paranormal experiences. Lots more people will see it.

Reactions: 7Critter and Rach
Rach, personally I've never experienced that level of activity. It seems like you have an example of most categories of activity that I've ever heard of.
Debi, our fearless leader here, posted an article that she wrote on how to deal with these problems.
And your instincts are spot on that you don't want to do anything that will make the problem worse. I've read and heard a few accounts of Ghost Hunters or psychics visiting a haunting and making things terrible. Paranormal malpractice. :(
More to follow.....

Im wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
i moved out of my parents last year and they now live in a very remote, desolate part of the countryside.
On sunday eve at approx 10.30 [so obvioulsy it was dark, and quite late] my mom texted me to say something very strange and unusual had just happened, apparently she had been folding some washing in her lounge, and, the patio door handle [to her left] started being pulled at, within seconds the door had been pulled open, so forcefully that it had done a 180' and smashed into the next patio window. Mom said she was very surprised that it didnt actually smash the window next to it. This isnt the first time doors have opened on their own in their home [not so violently as this one], and the first month they moved into this bungalow my dad [who really doesnt believe in anything paranormal] said he opened the crystal cupaboard to get a brandy glass out, and the brandy glass flew out onto the laminate flooring of the kitchen. I have experienced a lot of paranomal goings on and acitivty, as has my mom - more so than me, and I dont mind cheeky behavoiur to an extent but this really did give me the willies, and I will tell you for why - one of our last houses we had as a family [Im 29 now and I was around 9 at the time], was so strange, and almost dark if you will, we decided to pack up and leave as we couldnt take the stuff that was going on in there for much longer. We went away one week for Xmas, and upon our return, our whole house was trashed, and when I say trashed it looked like the house had been ransacked, every single door and every single window was locked and there was no forced entry anywhere, we would find photos hung up on the walls with cracks down family members faces, we'd all be seated in the lounge and what could only be described as was "someone moving heavy furniture upstairs" could be heard, our dog at the time would snarl and growl at inane areas of the room, I remember my mom lighting candles in the lounge and Id go help her in the kitchen with dinner and on our return to the lounge somewhat [40/45 mins later] all candles would be out, wed have the heating on and our log fire and some areas of the house would feel absolutely artic. we once found as what I can only describe as an old fire poker under our rug [that had been overturned whilst we were out] - we'd never seen it in our lives before and still have no idea where it came from. I was so petrified I slept in my moms bed for the whole duration i lived at that property, my nan who also lived with us suggested we get the house blessed. anyway my point is that this type of acitivty that happened on sunday, Im worried that it might be something that may be a little more sinister rather than just someone passing through and saying "hello", I dont want it to manifiest into anything like the old house we used to have.
anyone else experienced anything like doors violently opening? or anything i have described above in fact? thanks in advance!

Hi Rach, welcome to the forum. Would you mind telling up where these stories took place, at least in general. From some of your terminology, I'm guess either the UK or Ireland.

Hi Rach, welcome to the forum. Would you mind telling up where these stories took place, at least in general. From some of your terminology, I'm guess either the UK or Ireland.
hi! yes in the UK! east

Reactions: Duke
Hi Rach. First, I'm going to put a link to a thread here I'd like you to few for some helpful ideas in dealing with this.

PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems

You are describing to a "T" a haunting. And since there was a move, it appears whatever it is came with you guys. Now, my gut tells me mom is a medium of sorts...she may not know it, but I'd just about bet she has some abilities. When people have these kind of gifts, they often unknowingly act as a bright beacon that has entities zeroing in on that brightness. Look over the suggestions in that thread and let me know if you all have ever tried any of the recommendations we have there.

we lived in two other houses after this "bad" one and we had paranormal activity in both houses but in a friendly manner
thanks ill give it a read!

Reactions: Lynne
One thing to remember here is that these entities are not supposed to be there...at all. This is your home, your house (or mom and dad's) and these spirits/entities do not have claim on it and don't belong there. What often times happens when we confront them is they have a wee bit of a fit...and ramp up their activity for a bit. BUT, it's important to take a stand and claim the home for oneself. Don't know if you have any religious connections, but a blessing is always good, and prayer/intention appears to make a difference despite religious backgrounds. The St. Michael's Prayer I list in that thread seems to help in setting up some barriers/shields against activity in homes despite any spiritual beliefs.

Welcome to the forum. Debi has given you good advice. I agree someone in the home may be a beacon for activity. I think some areas are more conducive to hauntings. This could be why the level of activity has varied with the moves. I hope the forum suggestions help and please keep us updated.

Reactions: ozentity and Rach
Welcome to the forum. Debi has given you good advice. I agree someone in the home may be a beacon for activity. I think some areas are more conducive to hauntings. This could be why the level of activity has varied with the moves. I hope the forum suggestions help and please keep us updated.
Thank you! Apparently a few goings on last night but nothing too crazy!

Reactions: Lynne