Friday's Question

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
26195732_1530716213678855_9038168214931223720_n (Small).jpg

AND WHY?

I love horses very much but my fav animal would have to be a dog. They live with us and share our lives in a personal way. Cats do too. But my fav is a dog.

Oh I'm all over the place. What is odd is Shadow T Cat raised Reggie the dog. They were best pals. She would follow me everywhere. And she took on some dog like qualities. Like the time she was a stowaway in my truck. :p that was a 50-mile round-trip getting her back home.

I got to tell the story about Chip the horse. He was The Paddock horse at Arlington international. He had an easy nature and would walk the upity race horses to the gate. He was a good boy. His funeral was carried by the local news. Word has it a Saudi Prince bought him a tombstone.:cool:

I love all animals, but I'm going with dogs. Not only are they incredibly good companions, they give unconditional love, stress reduction, and even protection. Think too of the highly trained selfless service dogs who provide safety, aid, and comfort to their handlers. Then we have military and police K-9 dogs, bomb sniffing dogs, and rescue dogs, who save lives and help capture bad guys. What about cancer-detecting dogs too? What a blessing their work can be.

Oh I got to tell the Reggie story. I was doing a job in Midtown Gary,a really bad neighborhood. The Jackson 5 used to live down the street. Reggie was a puppy and a real Junkyard Dog. She lived in the junkyard. It was a cold February with lots of sleet coming down. It turns out that my customer owned Reggie. She called the dog Ugly. Well I'm not having any of that. And I must have had Janet Jackson on my brain and that led me to Reggie Jackson.
So I get her home and gave her 3 baths just to get this grease layer off of her. I suppose the grease acted like an insulator from the cold. And then at the vet ,the doctor said do you know Reggie is a girl?
And then I said the Homer Simpson "D'oh !"
Shadow T Cat raised her and they were best buddies. I hung Reggie's picture over her food bowl so she could eat with her friend.:)

I got to tell the story about Chip the horse. He was The Paddock horse at Arlington international. He had an easy nature and would walk the upity race horses to the gate. He was a good boy. His funeral was carried by the local news. Word has it a Saudi Prince bought him a tombstone.:cool:
Once a horse agrees to the bargain he will give you everything he has. Horses in war attest to this. That’s why I’m against eating them. They’ve earned earned their place to live beside us or roam free.

Yeah that's Reggie's fridge pic ! Hank Aaron has dinner with her now. :)
When I went into the Army I asked my Dad if he would take care of Shadow and Reggie. Dad was never a cat or a dog person. And those two changed his mind.:cool:
Mom had horses as a kid. Pop, my grandpa, used to own a bunch of race horses. Whether they were great Champions or glue horses he loved them just the same.:D

Reactions: Seahunter and Lynne