Frank the Gargoyle v. Karen

Well thanks to Garnetsilver and TexDann I don't feel so all alone. The neighbor has a very bad habit of using power tools at 6 a.m.. I have a neighbor that works nights on the Railroad and I have to paint restaurants at night. So we're not putting up with that nonsense.
So one day I chew this guy out so bad that he called the cops on me. Granted, it was probably legendary. The second time I had to do it it was a little worse, and the same things the cops were at my door. But all you have to do is not open up the door, ignore them.
But because I am not an entirely cool customer, I was on the phone with Swifty my lawyer, and he advised to sit down and shut up. Man I was fighting mad over that.

Reactions: Debi
Well thanks to Garnetsilver and TexDann I don't feel so all alone. The neighbor has a very bad habit of using power tools at 6 a.m.. I have a neighbor that works nights on the Railroad and I have to paint restaurants at night. So we're not putting up with that nonsense.
So one day I chew this guy out so bad that he called the cops on me. Granted, it was probably legendary. The second time I had to do it it was a little worse, and the same things the cops were at my door. But all you have to do is not open up the door, ignore them.
But because I am not an entirely cool customer, I was on the phone with Swifty my lawyer, and he advised to sit down and shut up. Man I was fighting mad over that.
In the late 80s I bought my first house, a nice little three bedroom ranch in a south Dayton suburb. My neighbor was a loudmouth guy from Jersey who ran an auto body shop. The summer after I moved in, he lost the lease on his shop, and decided to continue his business out of his home/garage. As it turned out, his garage was adjacent to my bedroom, maybe 20 ft from my window. Due to the summer heat, he decided to work during the late night/early morning.

I asked him nicely to refrain from the use of power tools and other noise making while I was sleeping, and he literally told me to *bleep* off. Within two weeks, I brought down the local police (disturbing the peace and creating a public nuisance), fire department (unlawful storage of large quantities of flammable material), the Ohio EPA (unfiltered VOCs into atmosphere), the zoning commission (operating a business in a residentially zoned area), and the Ohio Sec of State (operating a non-licenced/uninsured business) on him. My next steps would have been to alert his home insurance company and mortgage holder, but he got the message. He never spoke to me again, but his wife both apologized for the trouble and thanked me for putting a stop to his home business.

• Love it
Reactions: Debi and Paintman
Duke,
2zo1ki.jpg

• Haha
I have a Mrs. Cravats too. I am almost afraid to post where she might read this lol. She sees everything and what she doesn’t see, she openly asks about. She would be the type to be out with a measuring tape whenever there’s a new project or repair. Someone bought the empty acreage next to her. He built a beautiful country split rail fence along the property line. He actually cleaned up the brush line and made the property look so much better. Well in the process he took down some of her straying rosebushes and some tree branches. Now these were all on his side. This started the war. He planted trees she complained, he parked is work truck in the drive and she complained. It got so bad he sold the place not wanting to build and live next to her. Before he left tho.... he rented a huge lift type thing and sawed all her trees in half that were on his side of the fence. These were huge old trees. Totally cut them in half. I watched with wide eyes lol.

• Wow