Frank the Gargoyle v. Karen

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
I’ve been following this on Facebook. I love the guys sense of humor and tenacity.

I love it that an irate Karen inadvertently caused Frank to make so much money for those in need!

Reactions: Lynne
I may need a Frank...lol My mom used to have one of those goose statues you could dress up for holidays. I think a gargoyle may be the next big thing..lol

I loved this story. I had a neighbor like that one time that was constantly griping about things. I worked nights and she took it personally that I would come home after midnight. She knew this because she lived peeking out her window 24 hours a day.

She called the cops on me several times. Once she told them that I had a motorcycle gang living with me and we raced up and down the street all night. It was just me, my wife and my beagle and while I did ride a motorcycle it was NOT some sort of gang chopper. It was a full-dressed big bike that when I sold it it was bought by a cop to use as a lead bike for funerals and such. I liked to travel and it was dressed for that.

She called one night and told the cops that I had beat my wife and then killed her with a butcher knife. She told them that the body was on the side of my house. What happened is that when I came home my beagle which I tried to keep in the back yard had dug out under the gate and was on the porch. She had left me a "gift" right in front of the door. I had picked up my newspaper and swatted her on the butt with it. I made a pop sound and then she squealed and took of around the side of the house with me swatting her butt. The cops and I figure that she heard the little pop of the newspaper and then saw me with that in my hand as I chased the dog to the back. The pops were gunfire, the rolled-up paper was a butcher knife and the squeaking dog was my wife screaming as I killed her.

After that the cops refused to come out when she called. Lord I hated that demented old witch. The front yard was fenced but any time she saw my dog in the front yard she would call the dog catcher and tell them that my "vicious" beagle PUPPY was out and she was afraid to go outside.

When she wasn't calling the cops about me she was calling them about the two young ladies that lived beside me. She was determined that they were prostitutes and running a whore house because she saw men going in the house at night...like Friday night around 8:00.

I understand that eventually the cops got ahold of her family and she was put in a home where someone would watch out for her. She had put senility in the rearview mirror several years before I encountered her.

I loved this story. I had a neighbor like that one time that was constantly griping about things. I worked nights and she took it personally that I would come home after midnight. She knew this because she lived peeking out her window 24 hours a day.

She called the cops on me several times. Once she told them that I had a motorcycle gang living with me and we raced up and down the street all night. It was just me, my wife and my beagle and while I did ride a motorcycle it was NOT some sort of gang chopper. It was a full-dressed big bike that when I sold it it was bought by a cop to use as a lead bike for funerals and such. I liked to travel and it was dressed for that.

She called one night and told the cops that I had beat my wife and then killed her with a butcher knife. She told them that the body was on the side of my house. What happened is that when I came home my beagle which I tried to keep in the back yard had dug out under the gate and was on the porch. She had left me a "gift" right in front of the door. I had picked up my newspaper and swatted her on the butt with it. I made a pop sound and then she squealed and took of around the side of the house with me swatting her butt. The cops and I figure that she heard the little pop of the newspaper and then saw me with that in my hand as I chased the dog to the back. The pops were gunfire, the rolled-up paper was a butcher knife and the squeaking dog was my wife screaming as I killed her.

After that the cops refused to come out when she called. Lord I hated that demented old witch. The front yard was fenced but any time she saw my dog in the front yard she would call the dog catcher and tell them that my "vicious" beagle PUPPY was out and she was afraid to go outside.

When she wasn't calling the cops about me she was calling them about the two young ladies that lived beside me. She was determined that they were prostitutes and running a whore house because she saw men going in the house at night...like Friday night around 8:00.

I understand that eventually the cops got ahold of her family and she was put in a home where someone would watch out for her. She had put senility in the rearview mirror several years before I encountered her.
Alice Gravitz was your neighbor.... :eek:

I had a neighbor like that for almost a year. I had moved into a high rise apartment building and she was my next door neighbor. From day one she complained about me, although I lived alone, I was apparently very noisy. She would stand outside my door when I was preparing a meal and loudly ask what was that stink? If she was walking down the hall ahead of me, she would deliberately fall against the wall and accuse me of pushing her. One night my adult daughter came to visit and we were watching a cooking video and talking and laughing, when a policeman knocked at my door. He said that there had been a complaint about my "partying." I invited him inside to show him the television playing and my daughter sitting there quietly. I also told him that if he was summoned again for such nonsense, I would file a complaint for harassment.

Later that month someone knocked the side mirror off this woman's car, and several hundred dollars was stolen from her apartment (she had apparently hidden money under her bed and forgotten to lock her door after going out.) I feared that she would accuse me, but thankfully she didn't. I was so glad to move out of that building.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi