found during construction

jtfred

Reaction score
I dont know if this is the right area to post this in, I posted once before on this site. Recently I have been doing work on my parent's place taking out old cabinets, new sheet rock, paint flooring to get on the market to sell and move. during this whole process I found a ouija board possibly made around the late seventies to eighties, not sure how to date these things. the ouija board was found in the wall with a note that remarked about a ghost in the basement. I didnt do anything with the board just put it back in the wall and sealed it back up. I guess where I'm going is, is do people actually take stock in this type of board or is it more entertainment?

crux

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I dont know if this is the right area to post this in, I posted once before on this site. Recently I have been doing work on my parent's place taking out old cabinets, new sheet rock, paint flooring to get on the market to sell and move. during this whole process I found a ouija board possibly made around the late seventies to eighties, not sure how to date these things. the ouija board was found in the wall with a note that remarked about a ghost in the basement. I didnt do anything with the board just put it back in the wall and sealed it back up. I guess where I'm going is, is do people actually take stock in this type of board or is it more entertainment?

Both.

What did the note say?

BTW, some boards have copyright dates on them and some of the old ones can be valuable collectibles.

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Hi fred. Here is the PFN position on Ouija boards, they are certainly taken seriously here. This is a topic we generally avoid due to possible dangers the boards can facilitate to those untrained in their use.

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
There is a reason that the board was placed inside a wall, and I think you were wise to leave it there. Please do not attempt to use it because it may not end well. We have many people who come here looking for assistance after using one of these boards, and let's just say that it is easier not to mess with it, than it is to repair the damage afterward. Be safe!

ozentity

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I guess where I'm going is, is do people actually take stock in this type of board or is it more entertainment?
The board is just like a Monopoly board but it's the intent and lack of knowledge of the user that makes it dangerous. It sounds like this one was used and brought forth something malevolent.