Foods that you didn't think you'd like

Paint, don’t be a fish hater. What did our fine finned friends ever do to you!?

I gotta ask, do you like McDonalds’ Filet o’ Fish sandwich or the infamous fish sticks?

Lol
I had to ask you why you mentioned those two things in particular and asked if he liked them despite his fish hating.

Because I despise fish but I love those stupid fish sandwiches there lol
And yes i'll eat fish sticks if my kids want them. Oh funny.

When I was young, I didn't think I'd be able to ever eat mushrooms. In my late teens I started to really enjoy them and have enjoyed them ever since. I'm sure I could come up with more stuff if I take some more time to think about it.

hog jowels but it is the best bacon on the planet

Reactions: Donna K.
Lol
I had to ask you why you mentioned those two things in particular and asked if he liked them despite his fish hating.

Because I despise fish but I love those stupid fish sandwiches there lol
And yes i'll eat fish sticks if my kids want them. Oh funny.

Oh, I asked him Mokey because it seems to be common that many people who don’t generally like fish still like either of those two items.

I think my own love of fish sticks grew out of years in Catholic school.

Oh, I asked him Mokey because it seems to be common that many people who don’t generally like fish still like either of those two items.

I think my own love of fish sticks grew out of years in Catholic school.
I never knew that. It's such a strange thing to be of commonality!

Reactions: Donna K. and Paulm
oyster dressing......OMG, that has to be the WORST thing ive ever eaten....no, no, no, just NO....why would anyone ever think that combination was a good idea.....yuck.

oyster dressing......OMG, that has to be the WORST thing ive ever eaten....no, no, no, just NO....why would anyone ever think that combination was a good idea.....yuck.

The "combination" of foods thing came to my attention only after getting married. Mrs Duke grew up on a farm where no food was wasted, no matter what or how much of something was left that food was used (or "repurposed" in current speak I suppose.) I was amazed early in our marriage when the wife would open the frig/pantry/cupboard and start pulling stuff out, seemingly at random, to make dinner. Once I asked what she was making, and was a bit skeptical when she said she wasn't sure yet. Over the years I've watched her mix some of the damndest combinations of things, literally on the fly, to prepare very tasty meals. I'd say she has at least a 95% success rate in this process.

The "combination" of foods thing came to my attention only after getting married. Mrs Duke grew up on a farm where no food was wasted, no matter what or how much of something was left that food was used (or "repurposed" in current speak I suppose.) I was amazed early in our marriage when the wife would open the frig/pantry/cupboard and start pulling stuff out, seemingly at random, to make dinner. Once I asked what she was making, and was a bit skeptical when she said she wasn't sure yet. Over the years I've watched her mix some of the damndest combinations of things, literally on the fly, to prepare very tasty meals. I'd say she has at least a 95% success rate in this process.
You picked a good one! She is a chef and thrifty!