Food....just food...

I used to make this a lot. It's good! And goes a looong way.
I can give props up for that recipe. It was the first thing my Foods Teacher taught me to cook back in high school. She had one “green thing” - and not soylent green - in it and I’m thinking it was sliced green onions.

I can give props up for that recipe. It was the first thing my Foods Teacher taught me to cook back in high school. She had one “green thing” - and not soylent green - in it and I’m thinking it was sliced green onions.
Yup! That can go in there quite nicely.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Next Saturday I’m making a double batch of what I call “Modelo Chicken”. This link contains the right recipe. I just choose to use Modelo Negro beer. This is great chopped and put into tacos or burritos or eaten as a primary protein.

The recipe is a long way down on that website so be prepared to scroll.

I’m also making a grilled corn salad - contains (grilled corn!) red onion, cherry tomatoes, avocado, goat cheese, and lime juice plus routine seasoning with salt and pepper. This salad can be spiced up with either red pepper flakes or a little diced jalapeño. But most times I don’t spice it.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
LOL We used to simply call it Poor Man's casserole. Hope that takes the Soylent out of it for ya! lol
That sounds very achievable and not as thought provoking,thanks Debi, lol.

Reactions: Debi
I am still working on retraining my new digestive system. I am eating tiny meals several times a day. If I eat too much it just won't stay with me. I am also drinking at least one pure protean drink a day and that gives me 30 grams of protein.

I have a very odd metabolism that I have...encouraged over the years. For most of my adult life I periodically fast. For two years I ate one meal every other day. That was the only way that I could lose weight. I have fasted 14 days twice and a lot of 7-day fasts. In a previous health problem, I fasted for 45 days as far as solid food. I love good food but honestly, I don't ever really experience hunger nor do I feel weak when fasting after the second or third day. I think it takes that long for my body to shift to a fat-burning metabolism. Primitive people lived like this and had to survive a lot of hard times when food was hard to come by. Those with a fast metabolism died. Those that could adjust lived. I suspect that my ancestors lived in a world where starvation was common.

Reactions: RoseRed
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Ingredients

• 1/2 cup drippy tahini
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
  • 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup packed fine blanched almond flour
  • 2-3 tablespoons coconut flour (start with 2)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
  • For the dark chocolate coating:
  • 1 (3 ounce) 70% dark chocolate bar
  • 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Instructions

1. In a medium bowl, mix tahini and coconut oil together until smooth. Next stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract until well combined. Add in almond flour, 2 tablespoons coconut flour and salt and stir until a cookie dough consistency forms. Allow dough to sit for 5 minutes so that it thickens up. It should be doughy and moist but not overly wet; if it’s too wet add another ½ tablespoon of coconut flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
  2. Grab about a tablespoonful of dough and roll into a ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You should get about 10 cookie dough balls. Freeze for 10-15 minutes.
  3. While the cookie dough is freezing, break chocolate up into chunks and place into a microwave safe bowl with coconut oil. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Alternatively you can melt in a small saucepan over low heat.
  4. Use a fork to dip each cookie dough ball into melted chocolate and stir to fully coat, then place cookie dough ball back on the baking sheet. You likely will not use all of the chocolate. Freeze again for 10 minutes, then take back out of the freezer and use a spoon to drizzle the cookie dough balls with remaining melted chocolate for a pretty look on top. Place back in freeze for 5 minutes, then enjoy! Makes 10.

Last edited:
Right now I am trying to eat simple high protein meals that are easy on my system. I have combined three things into a simple but excellent meal. Pan broiled lightly buttered toast, a no grease fried egg (just the little bit of the butter that the toast didn't soak up) with the yoke busted and cooked and then a slice of cheese on top you stack it pop it in the microwave for just long enough to soften the cheese and have at it. This seems to be very easy on my system and right now that is the most important thing.