Food....just food...

Tonight's menu....Polish sausage casserole.

Cook Rotini mac or any pasta per package instructions. Drain. Add one can Cheez Whiz, 1 10 oz can of tomato sauce. Stir. Put in casserole dish and top with sections of Polish Sausage. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Serve.
Oh, reminds me of one of my go to cheap and easy peasy dinners:

In a pot or pan layer halved Brussels sprouts, sliced polish sausage or kielbasa, and top with drained sauerkraut. Season each layer; top with caraway seeds. Steam.

Low fat and good for your indigestion if ya know what I mean. Serve with some Dijon or seedy mustard.

If you like, swap sprouts with quartered red potatoes.

Reactions: Lynne
Are you joking - looooove those. My family was lower income and my Mom could rock those things. Extra special when she’d add some cheddar cheese. Always made with mayo - mustard optional - and salt and pepper.

Just made them myself for first time in decades just couple months back.

Reactions: Debi and Lynne
I haven't even eaten lunch at it's after 630 here. But I have demolished a few pancakes, eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausage links, Jalapeno cheddar dip and chips. Just not all at once obviously. I just got a little too carried away with smoking this morning. Yes. Smoking. That's it. :p

Reactions: RoseRed
Dinner tonight, chicken schnitzel,new potatoes with garlic butter and silverbeet all home grown.Simple but good.If I could breed crumbed chickens it would be quicker.

I used to make this a lot. It's good! And goes a looong way.

Reactions: ozentity
I have eaten nothing for 9 days in ICU then almost nothing for 5 days at home then back to the hospital and ate nothing for 5 days. The best thing that I have EVER tasted was a bowl of Chicken Gnocchi Soup from Olive Garden the other night at home.

I have eaten nothing for 9 days in ICU then almost nothing for 5 days at home then back to the hospital and ate nothing for 5 days. The best thing that I have EVER tasted was a bowl of Chicken Gnocchi Soup from Olive Garden the other night at home.
Good grief, Dan. I sure hope you can get a bit more nourishment in you soon!

I used to make this a lot. It's good! And goes a looong way.
That sounds good but the name's a bit Soylent Greenish o_O

Jeezers TD I bet that was the best thing ever - or like for nearly three weeks. Are you eating okay now?

Reactions: Debi