Food in a box

WAY too expensive for my budget. Much rather shop and do it the old fashion way, lol...

each dinner is 10 bucks. As with anything,some meals are better than others. I am not a fan of the pork BUT what is surprising are the kinds of exotic spices and flavors they use. I originally imagined it more like,"here is a potato.Here is a carrot.Here is a piece of chicken .Put it in a pot and eat."

NOT like that at all! Tonight our meal was pork (ok I don't like their pork-) BUT the vegetables were a combination of green beans,shallots and pears in a skillet with olive oil to brown. Then spread on baking pan ,put pork on top, single layer and put in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. There was also some kind of garlic,thyme butter,demi-glace.! We live out in the sticks.There are no good restaurants. And I am super picky about food. My palate is a blessing and a curse.

Reactions: Paintman
each dinner is 10 bucks. As with anything,some meals are better than others. I am not a fan of the pork BUT what is surprising are the kinds of exotic spices and flavors they use. I originally imagined it more like,"here is a potato.Here is a carrot.Here is a piece of chicken .Put it in a pot and eat."

NOT like that at all! Tonight our meal was pork (ok I don't like their pork-) BUT the vegetables were a combination of green beans,shallots and pears in a skillet with olive oil to brown. Then spread on baking pan ,put pork on top, single layer and put in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. There was also some kind of garlic,thyme butter,demi-glace.! We live out in the sticks.There are no good restaurants. And I am super picky about food. My palate is a blessing and a curse.

Well suited for 2 people. Not ideal for more than 2.

I see a lot of benefits and Paint hit on some really good ones. It basically is someone else doing the shopping, but it saves a lot of time in that and in meal prep time. You get to try a lot of flavors that you otherwise would not. It's not "cheating", as you are still doing the cooking. You're eating fresh food rather than processed. I don't see it as taking away from "old school" cooking at all, it just takes out the going to the store and pre-cooking preparation time.