Food cravings

For a time we stayed at my grandparents house growing up. Saturday lunchtimes were always a fry up but not your healthy oil purse quarter inch deep lard. After all the food was cooked slices of bread would get fried and was pure awesome. You can get fried bread with a breakfast now but it's not the same having no flavour.

That generation all died of heart attacks but boy did they know tasty food.

Chocolate cravings with me! They can get pretty intense, to where I am rooting around in the pantry looking for some.

Reactions: Debi
This post so speaks to me......I dont crave anything that is "local" per say but lately i have been obsessed with tomato soup and artichokes......lol
I have looked into the craving of tomatoes and there is a medical explanation......hoping the craving ends soon or i may have to see the doc.

Oh Tony, I have to share too that back in my 30s I was a huge ice cream fan. At that time, I lived about 1000 meters from a Baskin-Robbins (rather prevalent American ice cream retailer).

It became very routine that I would end my evening with a medium sized shake. I think that is probably when I started to pack on the pounds too.

So one particular midweek night at home I thought, “Well, time to head out and get a shake.” Then I thought instead that I should not - I don’t neeeed a shake - I certainly have willpower to refrain for one night. And I plopped my butt back on the couch.

Some few minutes later I found myself standing at the front door, with shoes on and car keys in hand with absolutely no idea how I got from the couch to that point. That is when I realized I had just kinda blacked out; and, while my consciousness was absent, some kind of ice cream seeking demon had taken over. That was the moment I recognized the power of cravings.

Shamrock Shakes are back in season!

:D

Now I'm craving sliced, pork luncheon meat. Jot the spam in the can type but what my gran called pink lint.

326710011_0_640x640.jpg

Reactions: Mokey
Now I'm craving sliced, pork luncheon meat. Jot the spam in the can type but what my gran called pink lint.

326710011_0_640x640.jpg
Never seen such a thing! I like your Grandmother's name for it, though! lol

Reactions: TonyM