Food cravings

TonyM

Deactivated Account
Reaction score
Website
monaghan.tv
Just occasionally I get real craving for something but not often and I can usually satisfy it by a visit to the store. The cravings are usually variations on a theme from comfort food to something seasonal and maybe just a short lived notion.

Yesterday I craved meatballs and pasta, today chicken nuggets (really bad things I know), certain veggies I think have a root (groan), in what my body tells me I need. It could be just simple potatoes because I need the starch or tomatoes just because. At the right time of the year I just have to have asparagus with anything. I'm Scottish so mince 'n tatties and Indian food maybe because of the myriad spices.

When it comes to fruit that is definitely more seasonal, cherries particularly, blueberries, pomegranates but just about anything else you can get all year round if you don't mind the various not so healthy storage methods.

What do you crave, something I haven't heard of that I should try?

When I visit the town that I spent the first 19 years of my life, I must have the local pizza and sub-sandwich. It's nothing special probably to most, but it's everything to me. It's home.

I spent most of my life in San Diego where there is plenty of really great Mexican food. Statistically speaking Tony, if I’m going to get hit with a craving it will be for Mexican food.

Reactions: TonyM
Oh Tony, I have to share too that back in my 30s I was a huge ice cream fan. At that time, I lived about 1000 meters from a Baskin-Robbins (rather prevalent American ice cream retailer).

It became very routine that I would end my evening with a medium sized shake. I think that is probably when I started to pack on the pounds too.

So one particular midweek night at home I thought, “Well, time to head out and get a shake.” Then I thought instead that I should not - I don’t neeeed a shake - I certainly have willpower to refrain for one night. And I plopped my butt back on the couch.

Some few minutes later I found myself standing at the front door, with shoes on and car keys in hand with absolutely no idea how I got from the couch to that point. That is when I realized I had just kinda blacked out; and, while my consciousness was absent, some kind of ice cream seeking demon had taken over. That was the moment I recognized the power of cravings.

Great story WandS. I have to confess it's only recently I had my first shake and very good it was. I think McD's were the first to introduce it but certainly my intro.

Reactions: Mokey
I put a bit of Tabasco on most food, eggs especially.

Reactions: Duke
Oh Tony, I have to share too that back in my 30s I was a huge ice cream fan. At that time, I lived about 1000 meters from a Baskin-Robbins (rather prevalent American ice cream retailer).

It became very routine that I would end my evening with a medium sized shake. I think that is probably when I started to pack on the pounds too.

So one particular midweek night at home I thought, “Well, time to head out and get a shake.” Then I thought instead that I should not - I don’t neeeed a shake - I certainly have willpower to refrain for one night. And I plopped my butt back on the couch.

Some few minutes later I found myself standing at the front door, with shoes on and car keys in hand with absolutely no idea how I got from the couch to that point. That is when I realized I had just kinda blacked out; and, while my consciousness was absent, some kind of ice cream seeking demon had taken over. That was the moment I recognized the power of cravings.
ice cream demons are the WORST

Yes J, so far I haven’t been able to “shake” it,
You just had to go there...lol

upload_2019-2-20_20-12-42.jpeg

Reactions: WitchAndShaman