Food combos

Oz, is your avatar a new puppy? So sweet looking!
No, one of my old terriers as a pup, she died defending me from an Eastern brown snake in my veg patch at 2 1/2 years. She was my best terrier ever. She was a wild one, little Maude, lol :cry:. I had to send her spirit to heaven as she hung around terrorizing my cats for a while. I wrote about this a while back.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
KFC is going to offer up a new meal...two pieces of fried chicken with condiments in the middle to form a "sandwich". No bun...just that.
Yeah, i remember these coming out before. It's called a Double Down and people are always horrified by the idea. However I would like to posit the idea that not only is this not an unusual food combination but one that is considered a culinary classic.

Consider what this "sandwich" is made from, it's two pieces of fried chicken with bacon and cheese in between. Instead of a sandwich think about a single piece of chicken, sliced open an laid out. Then you treat it like a slice of bread for an open face sandwich, spread some Dijon mustard, ham and cheese. Now fold the chicken over into a "taco" or even roll it like a cinnamon roll. Now bread it with an egg wash, flour and bread crumbs and fry it. You Now have a fried chicken "sandwich" or roll stuffed with ham and cheese.

This is not something created by a KFC executive in a fever dream, it's a centuries old French dish called chicken cordon bleu. So when I see this Double Down at the local KFC my immediate impression is that it's a fast food version of a chicken cordon bleu, but it only takes a few minutes to prepare.

I had a colleague whose favorite sandwich was peanut butter and bacon.
Oh the ole PB&B. HA ! Hey, I would try it.

I know many like cooked cabbage. Any combo of cooked cabbage, count me out. I do like raw cabbage as in cole slaw. Same with kale: raw is okay. Cooked ;vo

Regarding french fries dipped in soft ice cream; its the salty plus sweet that makes it good. Kinda like a candy bar.