Flying Humanoid over Scotland...video

Notice the "humanoid figure" never moves, it's absolutely rigid regardless of what it does relative to its flight path. No head turning, no arms or legs moving, no body swiveling.....nothing. It also seemed to have a base, or something similar at the figure's "feet."

When I showed this to Mrs Duke, it occurred to me the figure itself looked a great deal like a religious statue. Not necessarily this one, but similar.
44136851.jpg

From what I could find, this young couple were the only ones who reported seeing/videoing the "humanoid." Seems odd in a city the size of Glasgow. I also noted the very limited field of view of the image, supposedly because the video was shot through binoculars.
Could this be CGI?

Notice the "humanoid figure" never moves, it's absolutely rigid regardless of what it does relative to its flight path. No head turning, no arms or legs moving, no body swiveling.....nothing. It also seemed to have a base, or something similar at the figure's "feet."

When I showed this to Mrs Duke, it occurred to me the figure itself looked a great deal like a religious statue. Not necessarily this one, but similar. View attachment 36088

From what I could find, this young couple were the only ones who reported seeing/videoing the "humanoid." Seems odd in a city the size of Glasgow. I also noted the very limited field of view of the image, supposedly because the video was shot through binoculars.
Could this be CGI?
I actually have that statue, and watching the video again the shape is very close. We seem to see it front on for a bit and a brief time of it turned sideways, but the body of it is non moving. It also remains perfectly upright. A balloon of that size would tip a bit over the length of time shown?

My bet is on a hot-air balloon.

I have worked in Scotland, specifically Glasgow and Edinburgh, and balloon flights are a common occurrence. They are also not just seen in the typical 'balloon' shape - there have been some wild designs that I have seen flying over.

The interesting thing about Glasgow, from a geographical point of view, is that the city is built in a wide valley. This channels the wind through in a stream that can push balloons through faster than normal. Again, something I have personally witnessed.

Considering they are viewing through binoculars, the scale of the item in relation to the flats that come into view in the footage (which I have worked in and know very well) and the height at which it is seen at, gives more credence to a hot-air balloon.

With all the weird and wonderful designs we have over here in the UK, it is not the first time members of the public have reported these things as UFOs. Some of them are so huge, it is also pretty clear to define their shape, but impossible to see the basket from a distance. Also due to their size, they would not tilt or show any other visual indicator that they are a balloon.

My bet is on a hot-air balloon.

I have worked in Scotland, specifically Glasgow and Edinburgh, and balloon flights are a common occurrence. They are also not just seen in the typical 'balloon' shape - there have been some wild designs that I have seen flying over.

The interesting thing about Glasgow, from a geographical point of view, is that the city is built in a wide valley. This channels the wind through in a stream that can push balloons through faster than normal. Again, something I have personally witnessed.

Considering they are viewing through binoculars, the scale of the item in relation to the flats that come into view in the footage (which I have worked in and know very well) and the height at which it is seen at, gives more credence to a hot-air balloon.

With all the weird and wonderful designs we have over here in the UK, it is not the first time members of the public have reported these things as UFOs. Some of them are so huge, it is also pretty clear to define their shape, but impossible to see the basket from a distance. Also due to their size, they would not tilt or show any other visual indicator that they are a balloon.

The hot air ballooning community in the UK is surprisingly large. The website above shows photos of many, if not most, hot air balloons registered in the UK. I found this site a few years ago when I thought another reported UFO could be a hot air balloon. As you stated there are some very weirdly shaped hot air balloons, as can be seen on the site.

I don't have time to search right now, but I would bet there are a number of "balloon spotter" groups in the UK. They would be analogous to UK "plane spotter" (the blue anorak mob) organizations. I know "Air Britian" (of which I am a longtime member) has a hot air balloon faction, for example. If I can find such groups, I'll post the Glasgow video to see if anyone recognizes the object. If they are like their heavier-than-air spotter counterparts, and if this is a hot air balloon, those folks will know its details.

If it's a balloon, I'm inclined to believe it's more akin to the humanoid shaped "Jack Skellington" inflatable offered up last week to explain the "LAX jet pack guy" sightings.

Reactions: Debi and titch2k6
in my teen years i knew a couple guys who worked at mcdonalds, one night they took a mc d's uniform and filled it with helium balloons from the tank in the back and instant flying humanoid..... cant rule out just kids being stupid..lol