Flying Bike

Although they follow similar broad guidelines for airworthiness certification, every nation's cert qualification/process is different. Will be interested to see what the FAA requires for such a vehicle, and if other nations will accept that certification through existing bilateral/reciprocal agreements. My guess is they won't, at least initially. I know that was the case when ultralight a/c came out in the late 70s.

My question is: What makes this a bike / bicycle ? Looks more like a bob sled to me.

• Big Grin
Reactions: Selectric
I didn't watch the full video and i imagine it doesn't lift extremely high off the ground. Always see the jokes of bugs getting caught in teeth on cycles lol. What's this one gonna contend...birds in your face? lol

Reactions: Duke
Now, we'll not only have to watch out for idiots on the road but also idiots in the sky.

Who will be the first to fly one of these into power lines? Or, an office building?

Reactions: Selectric and Duke
Now, we'll not only have to watch out for idiots on the road but also idiots in the sky.

Who will be the first to fly one of these into power lines? Or, an office building?
with that price tag i dont think that will be a problem anytime soon....ultralites are cheaper with a longer run time and require no licensing yet they never caught on with the majority of the population..... i think when it comes down to it people really arent interested in being able to actually fly...lol

Reactions: Selectric
with that price tag i dont think that will be a problem anytime soon....
I live in LA where some people spend more money on vehicles than others spend on homes. I'm sure there will be takers here on these flying death traps.

• Big Grin
Reactions: Paulm