News Flooding in TX, OK...UPDATED

Geez.....you take care out there, my friend! (Can you tread water? ;))

YIKES! I've been through enough tornadoes to know I don't want to do another one! You guys are just getting blasted down there! I heard another area was evacuated today, too. I haven't seen any stories on where the displaced are going....are there enough shelters open down there for all these people???
oh yeah, the high schools down here are huge. The stadiums are bigger than some pro stadiums. Everyone is taken care of. Good people down here in Texas:)

Reactions: Debi
I'm actually very impressed how well everyone down there is handling this. I keep wanting to compare it with other "disasters" in other parts of the country.....although the damage is awful, I'm not seeing the usual errr....panic? I'm not even sure what to call it! It's just you all seem to be handling it without screaming your lungs out for help from the feds! Am I reading the situation correctly?

You are definitely reading it correctly. I'll tell you a quick story. When Bastrop had those wildfires a couple of years back, I led a team of 5 adjusters to handle the claims. After the first two days, I issued GEICO t shirts to the guys. BIG letters on the front and back. When we were going up the driveways to the houses, we were constantly being met by homeowners with guns and the first thing they would ask is " are you from FEMA?" I saw personally on two occasions homeowners pull there guns when they found out FEMA was on the property. God bless em, they want nothing to do with a gov't handout.
I remember one family that lost everything,the only thing standing was the chimney. I was pulling debris off the cars to take my pictures and the neighbor was there talking about FEMA to my Policyholder. The whole family said to him they started fresh before and they can do it again without a handout. These were true Texans, not a transplant like me. They asked me what I thought and i told him i am in my 40's and i don't owe nothin to nobody. I got a cup of coffee from the campfire for that answer:)

Reactions: surge and Debi
Yup...that's exactly what I'm talking about. I'm also noticing that the media is already backing off of the coverage on a national level, as there aren't people with their hands out wailing about where is the government! Just not enough meat on that bone for a good story, ya know! Well, gotta tell ya all down there...I'm impressed as hell with you Texans! You give me hope that all is not lost in this country!

Reactions: surge and sal
Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 8.32.26 PM.png
this is the mess we have coming tonight.....

OMG! Please tell me people are listening and evacuating from the danger zones!! That looks like a lot of storm!
you know it is funny, we live in a tornado zone but there are no basements in the houses:)