News Flooding in TX, OK...UPDATED

That is just sooo sad. I heard an entire family was washed away in that. Question here....was there no way to tell that amount of water was coming? I mean, that's a huge wall of water. As I don't live in a flood area, I don't know how that works.
It can happen very quickly. I'm used to a lot of rain in the Northwest, but it is not usually heavy, and even when it is, it soaks in rather well. The ground down like in Texas is harder and more compacted, and when the rains are so heavy, it just cannot be absorbed quickly enough, and you get the flash flooding and rivers swelling so quickly. I remember seeing the gulches in Texas with little or now water in them, and then when it rained heavily, they were filled extremely quickly and turned into fast-running rivers in no time.

Reactions: sal and Debi
http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/27/a...nishing-texas-with-torrential-rains-flooding/

Don’t worry, Al Sharpton is “just keeping it real.”

The civil rights activist, tax evader, and frequent White House visitor invited listeners of his talk radio show to weigh in on the pressing question:

Reverend Al Sharpton

✔@TheRevAl

#KeepingItReal QOTD: Do you think the #TexasFlooding is related to climate control or God's rebuke?Call 8775325797 or tweet me your thoughts

3:15 PM - 27 May 2015

"All of the storms, the tornadoes, the flooding in Texas. Is this a rebuke from God, which many callers said today it is."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yup...he really did go there.

And this is what you WANT to here about Texans! I think this is marvelous!!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...oding-and-texans-responded-in-an-amazing-way/

An animal shelter in Austin, Texas, that was significantly impacted by recent devastating floods turned to Facebook Tuesday to thank residents for responding in an “AMAZING” way after the center put out a call for help.

Earlier this week, the Austin Animal Center alerted the public that they were “WAY over capacity.”

“Due to flooding, many animals have become lost and good samaritans are bringing them to the Austin Animal Center,” the shelter said on Facebook. “We are DESPERATE to get animals out of the center!”

Austin Pets Alive! posted photos showing the damage recent storms had caused to a local center.

“This is why we need your help,” the organization wrote.

Texans immediately responded.

Photos shared by the Austin Animal Center Tuesday show droves of individuals standing in line to take home displaced pets.

Reactions: surge and sal
"All of the storms, the tornadoes, the flooding in Texas. Is this a rebuke from God, which many callers said today it is."
well we have been praying for rain for years. He just finally got around to it:) I don't think anyone prays for rain in moderation. God loves a grand show, plagues, storms, remember all the damn frogs ? He just turns on the spigot and it flows. We are the morons that build so close to the rivers:)

Maybe he should be looking at California that did not get drop.........oh yeah, politically that would not be good. And as far as his callers....we know 25% of Americans are morons and they all listen to his show so
Unknown.jpg
on that.

Reactions: surge and Debi
well we have been praying for rain for years. He just finally got around to it:) I don't think anyone prays for rain in moderation. God loves a grand show, plagues, storms, remember all the damn frogs ? He just turns on the spigot and it flows. We are the morons that build so close to the rivers:)

Maybe he should be looking at California that did not get drop.........oh yeah, politically that would not be good. And as far as his callers....we know 25% of Americans are morons and they all listen to his show so
View attachment 1316 on that.
EXCELLENT TAKE ON THINGS!!!!! :grinning:

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2015...to-leave-amid-flood-threat/?intcmp=latestnews

Local officials in Texas have urged residents living near rivers swollen by torrential rainfall to consider evacuating their homes due to the threat of more flooding later in the week.

The National Weather Service said Thursday that hail, tornadoes and thunderstorms are possible across the southern Plains and that flooding remains the greatest threat for areas that have received record rainfall.

Meteorologist Steve Goss, of the Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma, says much of the area from western Kansas to West Texas should prepare for thunderstorms later Thursday. He says the storms will be intense and slow moving.

I've heard it's still coming down out that way....and more to come.

great........i already have 45 moldy,slimy flood cars to see by Sunday...........whats a few more.

Reactions: Debi
yeah.......another line building to the west