Flight/Planes

The a/c was a contractor owned/operated Mirage F-1 fighter. It went down in a residential area not far from an elementary school. There is a possibility the pilot delayed ejecting to avoid hitting the school.

60ac27a5d1204.image.jpg

Reactions: Lynne
The a/c was a contractor owned/operated Mirage F-1 fighter. It went down in a residential area not far from an elementary school. There is a possibility the pilot delayed ejecting to avoid hitting the school.

View attachment 32577
This is so tragic. I was thinking why didn’t he eject ? You are probably right. I didn’t read anything on the ejection delay.

View attachment 32577
That was my first thought...he rode it down. God bless the pilot.

Reactions: Lynne
Reactions: Debi
Could be anything from an off course airliner/private plane to a foreign military aircraft purposely not squawking to test US reaction times. I'd put my money on long range Chinese aircraft retaliating for frequent US freedom of navigation flights in the South China Sea.

Turns out it was the Russians, not the Chinese.

Reactions: Debi

Great story. The commercial pilot is a real hero. There's a flight safety award given to a commercial pilot annually, can't think of the name of it. Hope this guy gets it.

Dang. I don't know how pilots stay that cool and calm. I agree....the guy talking him down deserves an award.