Flight/Planes

119872976_668066700491587_7292550335277721407_o.jpg

Now, I'd like two of those, please....lol

We don't know if the Su-57 canopy came off inadvertently or if it was jettisoned on purpose. I've known US aircraft to lose canopies inadvertently, but purposely jettisoning a canopy in flight is very rare here. Maybe to clear smoke in the cockpit or to get rid of canopy damaged by a bird strike.

The Russians do more inflight testing of their escape systems than we do in the US, we do very little. We do use a rocket sled test facility to do tests at speed, however.

Reactions: Debi

Yikes!

Mach 5 doesn't mean much to most people, but it's roughly 4000 mph. Consider while driving 60 mph, you are traveling 1 mile per minute. These missiles travel almost 70 miles a minute, or better than a mile every second. Even if you know it's coming, reaction time to defeat it is very limited.

Mach 5 doesn't mean much to most people, but it's roughly 4000 mph. Consider while driving 60 mph, you are traveling 1 mile per minute. These missiles travel almost 70 miles a minute, or better than a mile every second. Even if you know it's coming, reaction time to defeat it is very limited.
That is a disturbing thought.

AB5-DFAB8-E50-B-4013-8095-0-BDFB89046-E7.jpg

Here's the latest craze in the aerospace world, a photo of what is being called a classified aircraft. "Experts" are saying it's everything from the B-21 and NGAD fighter to a previously unknown a/c.

I don't know what is it, but there are a series of inconsistencies and lack of information to make me wonder if it's real. Different dates are being reported, as are locations. It was supposed seen over an area between Edwards AFB and China Lake NAS, a hotbed of aviation enthusiasts and plane spotters, yet no one else reported seeing it on high blue sky, clear day leaving a contrail? The guy who took the photo hasn't revealed where he was when the photo was taken, or what direction the a/c was flying. He then took the photo down from his social media site when questions stated being asked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
View attachment 27963
Here's the latest craze in the aerospace world, a photo of what is being called a classified aircraft. "Experts" are saying it's everything from the B-21 and NGAD fighter to a previously unknown a/c.

I don't know what is it, but there are a series of inconsistencies and lack of information to make me wonder if it's real. Different dates are being reported, as are locations. It was supposed seen over an area between Edwards AFB and China Lake NAS, a hotbed of aviation enthusiasts and plane spotters, yet no one else reported seeing it on high blue sky, clear day leaving a contrail? The guy who took the photo hasn't revealed where he was when the photo was taken, or what direction the a/c was flying. He then took the photo down from his social media site when questions stated being asked.