Flight/Planes

Some react, some panic, and at least one is seemingly oblivious to what's happening.
That'd be me lol. I am so used to the stupidest people on the highways, if a plane landed in front of me it wouldn't phase me in the least. I had a car coming at me sideways while i was driving a bucket truck. I just swerved around him as gently as i could and slowed down to pull over as he slammed into a pole.

Reactions: Selectric
Duke, will they retrieve the plane? 50 million into the ocean is a big loss.
They have the tax payers to fall back on for that money lol. Probably cost more to retrieve it...if not...tax payers :)

Duke, will they retrieve the plane? 50 million into the ocean is a big loss.
It probably depends on a number of factors. The foremost is concern over what a potential enemy could discover about the a/c and its systems if they fished it out of the water.

A few months ago there was a huge recovery effort for an F-35 for fear the Chinese might recover it. Lots of highly secretive sensor systems on the F-35, so it was recovered. I'm not sure that much effort would put into regaining an F-18, an older, less sophisticated aircraft, especially if in really deep or violent waters.

Reactions: Lynne
GPS issues if you're flying in or near Southern California. I just uploaded the pdf about it.

Attachments

• SCTTR_22-06_GPS_Flight_Advisory_Revision_1.pdf
    362.7 KB · Views: 77