Flat-earthers-attempt-to-get-to-the-edge-of-the-world-ends-in-massive-disappointment

I always found it funny that a bunch of professional basketball players glommed onto the flat earth thing and played their fans for a joke.
And now it's a cottage industry.

It still shocks me that people really believe this stuff.

FB_IMG_1624948325798.jpg

I could write an entire essay on here about why flat-earthers are 'misguided', but honestly, it is just not worth it.

I am a great follower of the principle that everybody is entitled to their own beliefs, but I am sorry, I have to draw a line with flat-earthers. There is just no scientific reasoning behind this belief and they will never, ever prove that the Earth is flat. Not because due to a lack of technology, funding or a sense of adventure, but because it has already been definitively proven that the Earth is a globe (as also identified by flat-earthers themselves as per GoneWestUtah's image posted up - cracking capture, Utah), both scientifically and visually.

One of the other mind-bogglers is their belief that gravity does not exist and we are kept on the Earth's surface purely by electromagnetic forces (which makes it a really bad time to be an apple, amongst other things). In 2018, at a convention held in the Midlands here in the UK, a gentleman, who I will name 'John Doe', explained his research on this after studying the speed of the moon across the night sky (flat-earthers believe that the moon and sun orbit around Earth's North Pole - don't even get me started on THAT one). 'John' was a manager at the time with England's National Health Service. No wonder the NHS is in such a mess.

However, I must give them credit for their persistence..............

I could write an entire essay on here about why flat-earthers are 'misguided', but honestly, it is just not worth it.

I am a great follower of the principle that everybody is entitled to their own beliefs, but I am sorry, I have to draw a line with flat-earthers. There is just no scientific reasoning behind this belief and they will never, ever prove that the Earth is flat. Not because due to a lack of technology, funding or a sense of adventure, but because it has already been definitively proven that the Earth is a globe (as also identified by flat-earthers themselves as per GoneWestUtah's image posted up - cracking capture, Utah), both scientifically and visually.

One of the other mind-bogglers is their belief that gravity does not exist and we are kept on the Earth's surface purely by electromagnetic forces (which makes it a really bad time to be an apple, amongst other things). In 2018, at a convention held in the Midlands here in the UK, a gentleman, who I will name 'John Doe', explained his research on this after studying the speed of the moon across the night sky (flat-earthers believe that the moon and sun orbit around Earth's North Pole - don't even get me started on THAT one). 'John' was a manager at the time with England's National Health Service. No wonder the NHS is in such a mess.

However, I must give them credit for their persistence..............
I can’t even consider it a belief if used in the context of a religion or faith because it is a proven FACT that the earth is round. They are choosing to propagate lies. This is quite disturbing to think educated people push this redicolous theory.