Flashlights

Great idea Sea!
Rechargeable hand lights:

My Streamlight "Light Box" was designed for the fire services. During 1983, being fire chief, our newest custom tanker truck came with two mounted for a direct 12 volt charge. They provide an 8 hour light value!

I loaded logs with mine strapped down on light-less HD 4X4 fork lifts!

Our fire districts 2005 Christmas gift to past chief me was a rechargeable Streamlight Maglight with spot or 3 LEDs.. I use it every night checking each semi trailer's kingpin for lock up. It just gets better with age! Lol

MK IV ∆=⚾

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
I got a good amount of flashlights. 3 in my jeep and 1 on my keychain. Then a few laying around the house. Some are rechargeable and the rest run on aa or aaa batteries. I also have backup batteries for the rechargeable ones.
I'll get some pics up next week.

Reactions: Lynne
I got a good amount of flashlights. 3 in my jeep and 1 on my keychain. Then a few laying around the house. Some are rechargeable and the rest run on aa or aaa batteries. I also have backup batteries for the rechargeable ones.
I'll get some pics up next week.
I love a good flashlight.

Reactions: Stevedog and K9-1
I love flashlights! I have them all over my house, strategically located in case of power outage or other emergencies. I just this week upgraded my keychain flashlight. Several years ago I got myself a 5.11 EDC. Looks like this:
53383_134_11.jpg

I really liked the size and shape of this flashlight and it was sufficiently bright for most uses. These are just big enough to hold 2 AAA batteries and I like that they are relatively flat instead of a cylinder. The downside is that the button is easy to get inadvertently hit by something in my pocket so sometimes I just had a flashlight turned on and draining battery in my pocket.

Just this week I got myself a Rovyvon E8 - "Angel Eyes"

6_81f0f726-2916-4299-94b7-e93e0ae82178.jpg

It's a bit smaller that the 5.11 but much brighter. On its highest setting you can feel a fair amount of heat if you shine it on your skin. It's rechargeable but also takes a AAA battery as a backup power source. It has a locking feature so no more wasted charge by walking around with it on. On the side are some LED lights, including a red light for saving night vision and a UV for, I guess vampires? Also, the plastic case glows in the dark so it's easier to find in the dark. The only feature I could think to see added is some sort of electric arc cigarette lighter.