First time...

Age 6 or 7. Miami. Christmas break. Do 1st graders really need a break ? From what ? The pressures of learning to write the letter 'E' and draw a duck. :)
Dolphins were Super Bowl champs. Brother and I had matching Bob Griese jerseys. I remember the aquarium shows and comic books in the hotel lobby. And it rained a lot !

My first trip on a plane was at 18. Visiting friends in Nevada..or Utah...can't remember which. Now, gotta tell you, I screamed on take-off and had a stewardess who pretty much had to hold my hand the whole flight. Landing we hit turbulence and you come down FAST over some mountains. Once again, my OMG's filled the cabin until we touched down. Took a BUS home! Instead of 3 hours in the air, I took a three day bus. No problem! I enjoyed the zig zag route through other points I hadn't planned on and the sleepy feel from the car sick meds. :rolleyes:

I was in the eighth grade. It was a field trip and I flew from Portland, Oregon to Mexico City. I had, without a doubt, the coolest Social Studies teacher in the world to take us down there! This is what sparked my interest in Anthropology/Archaeology.

the letter Q is a real challenge, with that little squiggly thing and perfect circle :eek:

I was thinking I was a priss with the fact that Paintman was tossing around his “E”. Then you had to share your pompous “Q”. Here I am still trying to just master my little old “O” and “I”. ☹️

I was in the eighth grade. It was a field trip and I flew from Portland, Oregon to Mexico City. I had, without a doubt, the coolest Social Studies teacher in the world to take us down there! This is what sparked my interest in Anthropology/Archaeology.

Awesome! You got hooked on such a fantabulous field to study Seahunter. I look forward to some spellbinding tales and facts. Bet that was a trip.

Not that your crew messed up Seahunter. But I can’t tell you all what a dozen mixed sex high school students can do in a foreign (Japan) county...in Spring. I’ll just let your imaginations take you wherever. Let me just insert “vending machines that dispense alcohol” and “other vending machines which spit out adult girly magazines.” There you go. I almost forgot communal bathing and rooms without door locks!

Awesome! You got hooked on such a fantabulous field to study Seahunter. I look forward to some spellbinding tales and facts. Bet that was a trip.

Not that your crew messed up Seahunter. But I can’t tell you all what a dozen mixed sex high school students can do in a foreign (Japan) county...in Spring. I’ll just let your imaginations take you wherever. Let me just insert “vending machines that dispense alcohol” and “other vending machines which spit out adult girly magazines.” There you go. I almost forgot communal bathing and rooms without door locks!
Oh boy, yeah, that would be a lot of tempting things for a high school group! I was such a nerd back then that in eighth grade I was more interested in the trip than the girls. Little did I know that they were not mutually exclusive!