First post here, trying to make sense of something that happened

Yes to that advice, Wands. I am only now realizing that when I am hit with an onslaught of emotions out of the blue, to question if it's mine or not. More often it is coming from my next door neighbor, or someone half a world away. Then I am free to ignore it instead of being overcome.

Yes to that advice, Wands. I am only now realizing that when I am hit with an onslaught of emotions out of the blue, to question if it's mine or not. More often it is coming from my next door neighbor, or someone half a world away. Then I am free to ignore it instead of being overcome.

Funny GS, I've only so far been able to confirm my own telepathic or empathic receipt from persons just about 3,000 miles away. So you are nearly half a world ahead of me. :D

In any case, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling more in control over the situation now.

Last edited:
Funny GS, I've only so far been able to confirm my own telepathic or empathic receipt from persons just about 3,000 miles away. So you are nearly half a world ahead of me. :D

In any case, I'm glad to hear that you are feeling more in control over the situation now.
Just barely! I am still working on it. Sometimes I get a flash of something happening elsewhere, since this COVID thing started. And I keep dreaming that I am working in a hospital, lol.

Thanks Damn and WitchAndShaman. I have never felt that I was responsible for causing the activity that my parents experienced, as in I never felt that it was 'my fault'. I think I very likely was its 'energy supply' so to speak, and somewhat ironically it was my extreme anxiety and my paranoia and fear about the possibility of ghosts everywhere that was powering it. But as Debi says in a previous reply, it was entirely unconscious on my part and outside of my control, I have always known that. I think of it as being like the power supply to an electrical appliance. There has to be something there to be activated, and I was likely it's power supply. I have a theory that maybe I only gave off the energy that activated it when I was fast asleep and that's why I hadn't been aware of it. At the time I was in conflict with my father a lot of the time and I was more sympathetic towards my mother. And it is interesting that to some extent the behaviour of this entity did seem to reflect my feelings at the time by stroking my mothers face as if to soothe her, but giving my father what felt like an electric shock, although he did swear at it!
I think the reason why I was so very fearful was partly because of my state of mind at the time and what my parents told me was like my worst fantasy come true. But also because a parents role is usually to say "Of course there isn't a monster/ghost in the cupboard" and to tell us there is really nothing to fear. And here were my parents telling me that yes there is something there and that they were scared. I am quite a lot calmer now than I was back then. A combination of greater maturity and I have spent many years working on myself and it has paid off. Many years ago I did speak to a counsellor about what happened, and I could see that it was a very young part of me that was so frightened. I still keep the light on at night though, as I am on my own now.

Thanks Damn and WitchAndShaman. I have never felt that I was responsible for causing the activity that my parents experienced, as in I never felt that it was 'my fault'. I think I very likely was its 'energy supply' so to speak, and somewhat ironically it was my extreme anxiety and my paranoia and fear about the possibility of ghosts everywhere that was powering it. But as Debi says in a previous reply, it was entirely unconscious on my part and outside of my control, I have always known that. I think of it as being like the power supply to an electrical appliance. There has to be something there to be activated, and I was likely it's power supply. I have a theory that maybe I only gave off the energy that activated it when I was fast asleep and that's why I hadn't been aware of it. At the time I was in conflict with my father a lot of the time and I was more sympathetic towards my mother. And it is interesting that to some extent the behaviour of this entity did seem to reflect my feelings at the time by stroking my mothers face as if to soothe her, but giving my father what felt like an electric shock, although he did swear at it!
I think the reason why I was so very fearful was partly because of my state of mind at the time and what my parents told me was like my worst fantasy come true. But also because a parents role is usually to say "Of course there isn't a monster/ghost in the cupboard" and to tell us there is really nothing to fear. And here were my parents telling me that yes there is something there and that they were scared. I am quite a lot calmer now than I was back then. A combination of greater maturity and I have spent many years working on myself and it has paid off. Many years ago I did speak to a counsellor about what happened, and I could see that it was a very young part of me that was so frightened. I still keep the light on at night though, as I am on my own now.
Ionica, I used to believe that because some of my mystical experiences were controlled/influenced by me consciously that all of them were. You and Debi are correct that there is a huge portion of our experiences which seem outside our control. If you are ever in need for learning control, the PNF.net has a post we can link you to which explains techniques like “shielding” which I use whenever I feel out of control or just want to lessen my psychic risks.

Reactions: Lynne