First Love

I have old pitbull crosses as I used to hunt pigs,but now just hunt rabbits,rats mainly, with whippets and jack russells.I always wanted a coonhound but with no racoons here it would be bored.Love the movie "where the red fern grows" the old version.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
I have old pitbull crosses as I used to hunt pigs,but now just hunt rabbits,rats mainly, with whippets and jack russells.I always wanted a coonhound but with no racoons here it would be bored.Love the movie "where the red fern grows" the old version.
The whippets don't run from you? Amazing. I had a whippet cross who could run like the wind...and often forgot to turn around and come back! Thus, fenced yard only for her! Never had a Jack but they are really amazingly smart dogs.

shady.JPG
IMG_0684.JPG
IMG_0684.JPG

Reactions: Paintman
The little Russell at the front is the one that I lost to the snake last month.

The whippets don't run from you? Amazing. I had a whippet cross who could run like the wind...and often forgot to turn around and come back! Thus, fenced yard only for her! Never had a Jack but they are really amazingly smart dogs.
They only run to catch the rabbits and bring them back unharmed.

Reactions: Debi
The taller blue/white whippet saved me from almost certain death from a brown snake last Summer.

Two snakes little Maude had caught in my yard two weeks before one killed her.Eastern browns,second deadliest on the planet.Something I have to deal with almost daily here.I know they are meant to be here but there is something evil,sinster about them.

Attachments

• IMG_0728.JPG
    IMG_0728.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 113
I'm not talking about romantic love but at what age did you discover something that would become a life long interest and maybe even a career?

Before I started school I was fascinated by the night sky, those wee bright dots up there. Before long I learned it was call astronomy and it became a passion. My aunt got me a telescope for Christmas when I was eleven, no table top wee thing it was taller than me with all the kit to inspire a pro (equatorial mount). Viewing the planets and the Moon was breathtaking.

I studied astronomy at university but never worked in that field. I don't even have a telescope anymore but still spend time just watching the night sky, go somewhere that has no light pollution it will amaze you.

Anyways, what did it for you what was your first love?

Aviation, my father was an aircraft mechanic for TWA. Whenever I could my father would take me to his work (obviously long before 9/11). everything in my life is somehow aviation related.

Had a Tennessee Walker Hound when I was small, loved that dog.

Reactions: Debi