Finding Money

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
What's the largest amount of money you've ever found? Where and under what circumstances did you find it?

What's the smallest amount of money you'd stoop down to pick up if you saw it in a parking lot? Penny? Quarter?
One dollar bill?

(Thanks to Walkinanteek for the idea.)

Ten dollars. I had just spent ten dollars on something, and was on my way home. While walking down the street, I saw something fluttering along and stooped to pick it up. It was a ten dollar bill.

The smallest amount I'd pick up is a quarter.

Only have found a $20. It was on the floor at the hospital so I turned it in.

Now look...I'm not allowed to bend to the floor anymore! lol I might point out anything over a quarter to someone to pick up for me.

Remember the days of don't pick up a penny tails up?

I once found a 20.00 bill in the post office parking lot on a sunday when no other cars were in that lot. It was after I had gone to the grocery store and thought I would look at a product my friend recommended. It cost 20.00 and I thought, If I had an extra 20.00 I would spend it on.... Then on my way home I went to check my mail and after I came out there was a 20.00 bill lying on the pavement next to my car. :p

The smallest amount I would pick up is a penny, if you find enough of them you can exchange them for a nickle or dime or quarter. I am patient.

What's the largest amount of money you've ever found? Where and under what circumstances did you find it?

What's the smallest amount of money you'd stoop down to pick up if you saw it in a parking lot? Penny? Quarter?
One dollar bill?

(Thanks to Walkinanteek for the idea.)
That's quite the question. A goth friend and I once opened a bag which a previous curry fan had left behind (due to being drunk) and ended up being accosted in the street by curry house people afterwards and arrested. It was a Macguffin! The mystery thing which everyone is after, but nobody knows where it is. Like a cheap less stylish Maltese Falcon. In any case it was lateand there was only a police appointed lawyer available so we both (seperately of course) elected to spend the night in cells and choose our own, when they woke up.
Anyway, during questioning the interrogator pointed out that this was very serious, as I was accused of stealing... A THOUSAND POUNDS. The effect this had on me was a lot like a moment in an Austen Powers film when Doctor Evil fails to understand inflation and asks for a stupidly small amount of money. So I laughed my head off , much to his surprise and said roughly, 'A thousand pounds??? A thousand?!'
to which he replied something like, 'Yes, ONE THOUSAND POUNDS.'
To which I replied something like, (and I remember well as it was a high stress moment) 'Who told you that? I saw inside that bag! You know that from the CCTV. If you were told a thousand pounds was in there... I work with money. A bundle of tens comes in a thousand and is about this big. A bundle of twenties is smaller. Fives, five hundred each, not much bigger. This was a big bag! You can carry that in something far smaller! Do you think it was a thousand in change? The bag was full! And with fifties! $2,500 in each bag and it was nearly full of them and more, documents! You were told it was a THOUSAND???? You were right; somebody is lying to you.... but it's NOT me!' The cop was stunned and rushed off.
My friend's testimony matched mine and as neither of us had more than change on us, we were released without charge, as for what happened... I have no idea what I walked into, but I was glad to walk out again. Be glad for finding smaller amounts of money; too much is nothing but trouble. And in answer to the question... I honestly don't know.
To quote Princess Leia, 'More wealth than you can imagine.' Not that much, but Han Solo can imagine quite a bit, so maybe about that much.

A less dramatic story. I got a friend a job at a shop I worked in once and was training him in shop work. One night I spotted something on the floor and picked up a shiny pound coin. 'A pound! Always keep your eyes open!'
He stooped down, waved a ten pound note in front of me and mocked me remorslessly. Physician, heal thyself!

When I was in 2nd grade, I found $13 in the parking lot of a dry cleaners. My Dad told me we had to take it in to the cleaners because someone would miss it and return for it. No one claimed it, so I got to keep it. I felt like a Rockefeller. $13 in 1963 would probably be equivalent to over $100 today.

I pick up any amount of money I find. Coins go in my granddaughter's piggy bank.

Only have found a $20. It was on the floor at the hospital so I turned it in.

Now look...I'm not allowed to bend to the floor anymore! lol I might point out anything over a quarter to someone to pick up for me.

Remember the days of don't pick up a penny tails up?
If I heard that I forgot it. I just remember 'Find a penny, pick it up, all the day you'll have good luck.'