Finding Furbabies...

On 24 January 2020 we laid to rest our beloved Nola. As I sit here typing this, the tears threaten to come. She was only ten years old; rather young when most of our dogs have lived to 15-16. She was a sassy little schnauzer with a big heart. My own furbaby, Tori, was four months old to Nola's ten months and she took to Tori the moment Tori joined the family. Nola chose us, but I took Tori in when no one wanted her because her tail was not properly docked. Nola had cancer and she's missed every day. We've always had schnauzers because my mom is allergic to most other breeds as well as cats. We did care for a stray for many years, though, when I was growing up. We named her Mother Cat, MC for short, and she lived a good life, even though it was outdoors. We fed her daily and when our elderly neighbor had extra tuna fish, MC would get that, too.

On 24 January 2020 we laid to rest our beloved Nola. As I sit here typing this, the tears threaten to come. She was only ten years old; rather young when most of our dogs have lived to 15-16. She was a sassy little schnauzer with a big heart. My own furbaby, Tori, was four months old to Nola's ten months and she took to Tori the moment Tori joined the family. Nola chose us, but I took Tori in when no one wanted her because her tail was not properly docked. Nola had cancer and she's missed every day. We've always had schnauzers because my mom is allergic to most other breeds as well as cats. We did care for a stray for many years, though, when I was growing up. We named her Mother Cat, MC for short, and she lived a good life, even though it was outdoors. We fed her daily and when our elderly neighbor had extra tuna fish, MC would get that, too.
I'm so sorry for your loss, Keel. It seems the Rainbow Bridge has had a lot of crossings recently. :(

I'm so sorry for your loss, Keel. It seems the Rainbow Bridge has had a lot of crossings recently. :(
A lot of people take it very hard when their furry friends pass but anything past ten is a decent age for them.I'm one of these people.When a human close to me dies I'm sad but it's more a celebration of life to me , a pet is just sad,sad,sad.I try to remember our golden days together but only makes it worse.I think its because they are more pure in spirit than us.:cry:

A lot of people take it very hard when their furry friends pass but anything past ten is a decent age for them.I'm one of these people.When a human close to me dies I'm sad but it's more a celebration of life to me , a pet is just sad,sad,sad.I try to remember our golden days together but only makes it worse.I think its because they are more pure in spirit than us.:cry:
I agree, and that's what makes having their love so special!

I found a couple!
c391ed083a59c8d835efcdc09fec03f4.png

84928500_184941246057201_884920789491515392_n.jpg
85162188_2569268843289432_9036831917743276032_n.jpg

Henry and Harvey. Met a breeder while at work. She had 10 GSD running around the yard. Each one in the family was given 2 on there birthday. I thought she was a nut at first until she let them out of the yard and they attacked me. They licked the garbage out of me. I never met such friendly dogs. Turns out she took in the dogs that were not "mean" enough for police work and she started to breed them. These guy are the greatest dogs I ever had. Smart as all hell. Gentle to everyone I let into the house. Still protect the house ( they can't breed that out of them). When i have a stroke, Harvey lays next to me and Henry guards the room. I don't know what i would do without them.

View attachment 22612 View attachment 22613

Henry and Harvey. Met a breeder while at work. She had 10 GSD running around the yard. Each one in the family was given 2 on there birthday. I thought she was a nut at first until she let them out of the yard and they attacked me. They licked the garbage out of me. I never met such friendly dogs. Turns out she took in the dogs that were not "mean" enough for police work and she started to breed them. These guy are the greatest dogs I ever had. Smart as all hell. Gentle to everyone I let into the house. Still protect the house ( they can't breed that out of them). When i have a stroke, Harvey lays next to me and Henry guards the room. I don't know what i would do without them.
A very fine pair indeed. Sal, sending you love and continued prayers for your health. :<3 Hope to see you more as you feel up to it, hon.

Nice dogs you have Sal,they look like working type sheperds,working bred dogs always have the best temperament.

View attachment 22612 View attachment 22613

Lovely guardians Sal. Good to read ya. Continued prayers for your health.

Reactions: sal