Finding Beauty

I know this is an unusual question, but I've set myself a goal to find more beauty in my day to day life. So I'm sharing my quest. :)

We can get so hung up in the news, squabbles, etc., that we can forget to look at the things that are truly lovely in this world. I looked out my window this morning and saw a small bird looking back at me. On most days I would have said, "huh..bird's sitting in my window." Today, I looked at the amazing feathers this little one had and the amazing way he showed no fear of me. He was a work of art. Sometimes it's a stop and smell the roses moment...or a look at that bird moment!

waking up every morning and being thankful for waking to see another day, sunny, rainy, foggy, they are all beautiful...looking at the world not through the problems or the personal desires, but the real world in all its shades of each color...not a green tree but how many greens, shadows, light,.....nature is perfection, there is no "perfect" rose once you realize they are all "perfect", and all beautiful.....seeing in my dogs eyes (and other animals at times), an understanding that sometimes makes me wonder who is more intelligent. its almost like they are are saying "wow, a breakthrough, theres hope yet"..a connection on almost a spiritual level................my escape, my relaxation, my inspiration, my "chapel" on any spiritual quest or learning is nature / animals. to me, that is real beauty.

waking up every morning and being thankful for waking to see another day, sunny, rainy, foggy, they are all beautiful...looking at the world not through the problems or the personal desires, but the real world in all its shades of each color...not a green tree but how many greens, shadows, light,.....nature is perfection, there is no "perfect" rose once you realize they are all "perfect", and all beautiful.....seeing in my dogs eyes (and other animals at times), an understanding that sometimes makes me wonder who is more intelligent. its almost like they are are saying "wow, a breakthrough, theres hope yet"..a connection on almost a spiritual level................my escape, my relaxation, my inspiration, my "chapel" on any spiritual quest or learning is nature / animals. to me, that is real beauty.
This is one of your most BEAUTIFUL posts, I totally agree. I find beauty in innocence, it is the smile of a child, the beauty of nature regardless of its relentlessness, and of course in the hearts of animals. As an artist I love the colors of flowers to combine in my projects. Nature is God reminding us every day that we are not alone regardless of our circumstances and there is great beauty in that.

Seeing someone's sweet little child in a shopping cart at the supermarket and having him or her smile at me. Watching my two cats laying in the sun, or watching squirrels in the back yard, or watching a flock of birds in the tree next door. An unexpected butterfly flying past. A rainbow in the sky.

The little lake. Hank Aaron & Little Joe being best friends. Even this time of year, when the grass is yellow, trees bare, and the sky is always cloudy. I still find interesting colors.

There is also beauty in sports. Once in a blue moon I hit a perfect golf shot. Watching the ball taking off like a rocket.