Find anything good?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

277220843_1388607901552537_1850493583965597731_n.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
Not brand new but Season 2 of Upload just released on Amazon within the past week or so. I watched the first season when it first came out and enjoyed it, haven't started season 2 yet.

The story line is about a programmer who dies and his consciousness is uploaded into a computer simulation intended to be a virtual afterlife. Except that his family and friends can still get on the computer and interact with him. It was created by the same guy who made the US version of The Office, so it's pretty funny at times but does take a few dark twists. It kind of reminds me of a light hearted comedy version of Altered Carbon on Netflix, which was another good one about digital consciousness.

Another new show which my family really liked is called Resident Alien. It starts Alan Tudyk as an alien sent to destroy the Earth but crashes and gets stuck in a small Colorado mountain town. There is a lot of comedy from the setup of the alien trying to fit in with a bunch of "lower lifeforms" he finds detestable, and also Alan Tudyk is fantastic at this kind of humor. This one is also in it's second season now but my kids have started losing interest and think the writing isn't nearly as good as in the first season.

On the Reality TV/Competition Show side my wife and I just finished one called Next Level Chef a few weeks ago. It's a typical competition cooking show where people cook dishes for celebrity chefs to judge and the worst dish goes home. The difference in this one is that there's 3 different kitchens, one is fully stocked with top of the line equipment, the next is a standard industrial type kitchen like you'd find in a restaurant and the lowest level is called "The Basement" and has crummy equipment, dull knives, ect. The idea is that a good chef doesn't need good equipment and can make an excellent dish in any kitchen.

Found "Reacher" thanks to T-Bob's recommendation. It's good! Holds true to the style of the books, which I appreciate.
I enjoyed that one too. I like the Regency era programs like Sanditon and Bridgerton. I stream them but i believe they are shown on PBS. I know the guys probably have no interest lol

I just watched the first episode of Strange New Worlds. This is supposed to be the 'answer' for old school Trek fans to like new content. It just seems like same old same old recycled with fancy modern themes. Also, too much 'hand holding' leading fans around: Oh look, another Kirk...oh look it's Uhura...Wait! Nurse Chapel...what, no Sulu? lol. Hopefully it gets better.

Last edited:
I just watched the first episode of Strange New Worlds. This is supposed to be the 'answer' for old school Trek fans to like new content. It just seems like same old same old recycled with fancy modern themes. Also, too much 'hand holding' leading fans around: Oh look, another Kirk...oh look it's Uhura...Wait! Nurse Chapel...what, no Sulu? lol. Hopefully it gets better.
I didn’t know about this one. Let me know if it’s worth watching

Reactions: Selectric