"Felt presence"

You're right, Debi. They are missing out on an opportunity to connect with spirit. Anything but that; low oxygen, Parkinson's, you're just crazy, blah blah.

I remember lying on my bed, crying and terrified because I was faced with a major surgery that might reveal even more serious issues. I happened to look up at the ceiling, and saw an angel who was so tall that his image was refracted (if that is the correct term) from the bedroom wall and over my bed. I could even see the tops of both wings. Am I crazy? Or was I seeing pareodolia? It was overcast outdoors so it couldn't be a shadow. It brought comfort in a time of fear, and I will never forget it.

Last edited:
Or was I seeing pareodolia? The it was overcast outdoors so it couldn't be a shadow. It brought comfort in a time of fear, and I will never forget it.
You'd think if you were scared you would see something ominous. I believe it was there to help, comfort and give you a positive outlook and also maybe to heal you, great experience for you garnet. :)

You're right, Debi. They are missing out on an opportunity to connect with spirit. Anything but that; low oxygen, Parkinson's, you're just crazy, blah blah.

I remember lying on my bed, crying and terrified because I was faced with a major surgery that might reveal even more serious issues. I happened to look up at the ceiling, and saw an angel who was so tall that his image was refracted (if that is the correct term) from the bedroom wall and over my bed. I could even see the tops of both wings. Am I crazy? Or was I seeing pareodolia? The it was overcast outdoors so it couldn't be a shadow. It brought comfort in a time of fear, and I will never forget it.
Thanks for sharing that very personal experience Garnet.

This was an interesting article. The things happening in people who push their bodies to the brink are similar to the reports of the dying. Could it be that our spirits get ready to transition in these instances and are operating a bit between the dimension of life and death. If the theory that our consciousness is nonlocal is true, meaning that it resides somewhere in a spirit form, then perhaps pushing our bodies to a near death circumstance connects our minds with the seat of consciousness allowing us to see things from that perspective. This would also explain remote viewing except these talents are a learned connection. Just some musings on the topic.

I've had it happen at least once or twice that I'm aware of. Long ago, when I was in my early 20's, I couldn't sleep one night. To call me restless would be an understatement. I was worried about someone that I hadn't seen in a while, when all of a sudden, I felt something sit on the edge of the bed. I couldn't see anything, but I immediately felt a sense of relief.

Whether it was a spirit, guardian angel or a figment of my imagination brought on for comfort, I'll never know but it was as real as it comes.

I've had it happen at least once or twice that I'm aware of. Long ago, when I was in my early 20's, I couldn't sleep one night. To call me restless would be an understatement. I was worried about someone that I hadn't seen in a while, when all of a sudden, I felt something sit on the edge of the bed. I couldn't see anything, but I immediately felt a sense of relief.

Whether it was a spirit, guardian angel or a figment of my imagination brought on for comfort, I'll never know but it was as real as it comes.
Lone Wolf, I think the divine is always listening and this type of response is evidence of that in my opinion. It gives me comfort to know we are not alone, especially in a great time of trial or need.

Thanks for sharing that very personal experience Garnet.

This was an interesting article. The things happening in people who push their bodies to the brink are similar to the reports of the dying. Could it be that our spirits get ready to transition in these instances and are operating a bit between the dimension of life and death. If the theory that our consciousness is nonlocal is true, meaning that it resides somewhere in a spirit form, then perhaps pushing our bodies to a near death circumstance connects our minds with the seat of consciousness allowing us to see things from that perspective. This would also explain remote viewing except these talents are a learned connection. Just some musings on the topic.
This is an intriguing take on it all!

Reactions: Lynne