Feds warn on Area 51

Rachel, Nevada Home Page

70695368_2650051421692872_4798104916381925376_n.jpg

Alienstock cancelled: The Alienstock event in Rachel just became Fyre Fest 2.0 as we had predicted. The creator of the Storm Area 51 movement pulled out because he feels the event is not safe and lacks organization. With just over a week to go no preparations have been made and the signed bands will play in Las Vegas instead. If any event still happens it is going to be a pretty sad affair with no bands, very little infrastructure and a lot of unhappy campers. Instead of coming out to Rachel to storm Area 51 why not follow the Alienstock organizers and enjoy the party at the Area 51 Celebration in Las Vegas?

Rachel, Nevada Home Page

70695368_2650051421692872_4798104916381925376_n.jpg

Alienstock cancelled: The Alienstock event in Rachel just became Fyre Fest 2.0 as we had predicted. The creator of the Storm Area 51 movement pulled out because he feels the event is not safe and lacks organization. With just over a week to go no preparations have been made and the signed bands will play in Las Vegas instead. If any event still happens it is going to be a pretty sad affair with no bands, very little infrastructure and a lot of unhappy campers. Instead of coming out to Rachel to storm Area 51 why not follow the Alienstock organizers and enjoy the party at the Area 51 Celebration in Las Vegas?

If you read the blogs coming out of Rachel, there are a number of people who had prepaid for nonrefundable camping sites offered by the Little A'Le'Inn. There are going to be some really pissed off people wanting their money back.

I guess the people will get to use their prepaid camp sites, although it sounds like all they will get to do is get cooked in and look at the desert.

Reactions: Debi
I guess the people will get to use their prepaid camp sites, although it sounds like all they will get to do is get cooked in and look at the desert.
It's one week away, confusion reigns, nobody appears to be in charge...gee...what could possibly go wrong?

It's one week away, confusion reigns, nobody appears to be in charge...gee...what could possibly go wrong?

Where's Al Haig when we need him?

Dutch YouTubers Arrested for Entering Restricted Site Near Area 51

A pair of men from the Netherlands seemingly got an early start on storming Area 51 this week when they were arrested for trespassing at a government facility located near the secretive military base. Ties Granzier and Govert Sweep were reportedly taken into custody by authorities after they were caught having driven around three miles into the restricted Nevada National Security Site. The two young men likely did not help their case when they admitted that they spoke English and fully understood that they were ignored the signs indicating that trespassing onto the property was illegal.

When questioned by deputies from the Nye County Sheriff's Office, the duo explained that they were YouTubers from the Netherlands and that they "wanted to look at the facility." Officers subsequently observed that their car contained "several cameras, a phone, a laptop, and a drone." After obtaining permission to search the content of the cameras, authorities saw that the duo had recorded footage from inside the national security site. Granzier and Sweep were then arrested for trespassing onto the property.

In a jailhouse interview with a Nevada TV station, Sweep explained that their misadventure had been partially inspired by the 'Storm Area 51' phenomenon, but that the pair had no intention of actually trying to break into the base and are, in fact, set to return to the Netherlands on September 19th, which is one day before the much-discussed 'siege.' He also groused that they were still in custody for what he called "such a small thing" and argued that they would have been released by now "if I wasn't a YouTuber."

While that is a matter of conjecture, the pair is probably lucky that they only got arrested for trespassing since filming inside a secret military base likely could have led to more serious charges. Time will tell whether they wind up being the only people to run afoul of the law due to the 'Storm Area 51' craze or if Granzier and Sweep are just the first of many individuals who throw caution to the wind and, in turn, find themselves in jail. As for the YouTubers, their arrest has made headlines in their home country and turned them into something of a cause celebre with one politician calling on the country's Minister of Foreign Affairs to secure their release lest they "rot away in an American cell."

Storm Area 51 creator threatens legal action against former partner

What a clusterflop. The lady who owns the Little A'Le'Inn is in way over her head, I hope the business doesn't go tango uniform as a result of this farce. The Inn is truly iconic.

I am surprised we haven't heard any conspiracy theories about this thing tanking, like the military working behind the scenes to disrupt and discredit the event.

Storm Area 51 creator threatens legal action against former partner

What a clusterflop. The lady who owns the Little A'Le'Inn is in way over her head, I hope the business doesn't go tango uniform as a result of this farce. The Inn is truly iconic.

I am surprised we haven't heard any conspiracy theories about this thing tanking, like the military working behind the scenes to disrupt and discredit the event.
You are FREAKIN' KIDDING ME! The audacity of that kid!