FedEx pilot report

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Yet another report that doesn't seem to match what is shown in the video offered in evidence of the event. For example, there is no "projected beam of bright, white light onto their aircraft" in the video as claimed.

If I had to guess what they saw/videoed based on the video provided, I'd say it's something in space, either a satellite or star/planet. That would account for no indication of anything in front of them on the TCAS (Traffic Collision Avoidance System), as well as the twinkling/pulsating shown in the video.

I also think it's possible clouds and maneuvering of the a/c played a part in creating the illusion of the orb moving as described. It would be necessary to see detailed weather data at the exact time/location/altitudes of the sighting, as well as flight data recorder readouts, to eliminate either.

Yet another report that doesn't seem to match what is shown in the video offered in evidence of the event. For example, there is no "projected beam of bright, white light onto their aircraft" in the video as claimed.

If I had to guess what they saw/videoed based on the video provided, I'd say it's something in space, either a satellite or star/planet. That would account for no indication of anything in front of them on the TCAS (Traffic Collision Avoidance System), as well as the twinkling/pulsating shown in the video.

I also think it's possible clouds and maneuvering of the a/c played a part in creating the illusion of the orb moving as described. It would be necessary to see detailed weather data at the exact time/location/altitudes of the sighting, as well as flight data recorder readouts, to eliminate either.
What would cause the pulsing effect? This one would have got me thinking for sure. As always you have an experienced view on these sightings. Thanks Duke.

What would cause the pulsing effect? This one would have got me thinking for sure. As always you have an experienced view on these sightings. Thanks Duke.
Probably different air temperatures and densities at different altitudes, refracting the light as it passes throw the atmosphere.