Fear...

public speaking and women with red hair...... i used to freeze at the thought of having to speak in front of a crowd, luckily i was able to overcome that one. women though, they still scare the crap outta me

I have a strong dislike and disgust for roaches, but I am not exactly afraid of them. When I lived in Florida, I was slightly afraid of the very large ones, only because they startled me with their size. Then they would get squashed under a very heavy book.
I’m not afraid of them either, but just repulsed. Flying ones are the worst. I’m afraid I’d end up burning the house down in a frenzy to get rid of them.

• Haha
Reactions: garnetsilver
public speaking and women with red hair...... i used to freeze at the thought of having to speak in front of a crowd, luckily i was able to overcome that one. women though, they still scare the crap outta me
I bet you’d really freak P if asked to speak at a Gilligan’s Island convention...too many Gingers in the audience.

I hate snakes after they killed my terriers and had a phobia about them for a while. One creature I'm terrified of is these large crickets over here about 4 inches long. They hang around lights eating moths at night. I got one attached to my thumb as a kid and it wrapped around and was biting, I couldn't skake it off :eek:, lol. I've never got over it. I heard my terrier barking one day and one of these had the dog bailed up. The dog eventually killed it but I wasn't going to help, lol.
Four inches? They must have been takin’ their vitamins. They’d make great fish bait.

Oh, now you've asked me! I have quite a number of weird phobias: spiders, heights and clowns/dolls/puppets/ventriloquist dummies being perhaps the most common.

Then there's:
swarms of ants
low flying small planes
planes in unexpected places
clusters of things or what I call "deep textures" - these can catch me out at any time and consist of almost anything
wind turbines
oil derricks (what my family calls "nodding donkeys")
drowning or otherwise suffocating to death (not scared of water, though - I love swimming in the sea!)
the death of loved ones (my own death doesn't bother me)

and...

SPIDERS! I know I opened with that one but they deserve a second mention because they are just AWFUL! :D