Fear...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

WE ALL HAVE THEM. FEARS. WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
DO YOU KNOW WHEN, WHERE OR WHY THAT FEAR FIRST STARTED?

HAVE YOU EVER WORKED TO OVERCOME A SPECIFIC FEAR?
IF SO, HOW DID YOU DO IT AND DID IT WORK?

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
If we leave out the obvious ones like death of a loved one or our own death, I would say for me it was learning to drive. I had a hard time getting behind the wheel. I knew I had to over come it to live a full life. I still don’t hang my arms or legs off the bed however.

One of my fears has always been clowns. Seriously used to send me into that fight or flight mode of stomach churning fear whenever I saw a picture of one much less one in person! This info got out here and suddenly everybody was posting clown pictures! lol After several years of this clown exposure, I got to the point I could tolerate the clowns. I still don't like them, but I can now deal with them without my stomach turning upside down and wanting to run from the room.

800.jpg

this

Bungees.

Not the ones that we use for strapping down luggage, etc. but the really heavy-duty ones people strap to their ankles before plummeting off a bridge!

I do not fear heights, I used to parachute for fun down at Langar Airfield in the UK, but I remember when bungee jumping started to become the rage and seeing all of the accidents that were always on the news.

Give me a set of lines and risers at 30,000 feet over a bungee at 160 feet any day...........

Water. I had to be rescued and resuscitated when I was 12-13 years old. To this day, I'm not comfortable in water much more than 4 ft deep. When we go to the Caribbean Mrs Duke does her "Flipper" imitation in the sea, while I bravely sit at the swin up (in my case, wade up) bar and chat up the old ladies.

I guess I don't have any beyond the usual ones about losing loved ones, but maybe the way I feel about Praying Mantis insects is more of a phobia. I seriously can't look at a picture of one without feeling panic and terror. I tried de-sensitizing myself by looking at pics, but couldn't get past one.

Here’s a repost from something I posted just one week after joining the PNF. Somehow it seems that witchcraft changed temporarily my relationship with...spiders.

‘’As for the spiders - NOOOOO! I have a horribly deep case of arachnophobia. Super interesting (to me at least) is that while I was studying Wicca my fear responses towards spiders totally went away. I didn’t recognize it until attending a family holiday party, I walked up to take a seat next to my adult niece under a patio cover and saw a spider hanging from a web directly over that chair. I reached out and pinched the web off just a few inches above the spider and gently set him down on the ground. My niece just about fell out of her seat. I asked her, “Whatttt?” She reminded me I hate spiders. Oh, right. After that I found that I had a new psychic connection to spiders - no shit. Fear was gone too. I could very often tell when a spider was within my area even without seeing them - they could even be hidden and I’d find them. I quite seriously could feel their presence - I didn’t have to see them not even in my peripheral vision. However since ending my official Wiccan studies my fears have come back. Now I know when there is a spider around and then I get freaked out! :(.’’

I could very often tell when a spider was within my area even without seeing them - they could even be hidden and I’d find them. I quite seriously could feel their presence - I didn’t have to see them not even in my peripheral vision.
I am that way with spiders, too, Wands! It's almost like they call me or something and I look up and Voila! There it is.