Favorite Vehicle of all time

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
What is your favorite means of transportation of all time ? It can be a favorite car, truck, motorcycle, boat, bicycle, running shoes, etc. What was special about your vehicle ?

225893_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

1987 Subaru Brat. I bought one of the last imported to the US, it was a kinda purplish brown. Best vehicle I ever owned, in 4WD it would go anywhere. It wasn't sexy or fast, but it was dependable and reliable. While Mrs Duke's Blazer stayed nice and cozy in the garage, the poor old Brat sat outside during two of the coldest winters ever. Guess which one wouldn't start?

Sadly it was totaled in 1994 by an intoxicated USAF NCO who plowed into me. Over the years I've looked at buying another one, but they are few and far between. They tend to be mechanically sound but rusted out.

I have a 1961 Ford F100 unibody pickup that is not running currently, needs a lot of work so I will have to wait until I pay off the equity loan I took out for home repairs before I even start finding someone to help me get it running. My grandpa bought it in 1963 from a guy in El Paso. My dad bought it from my grandpa in the late 60's, my brother and I drove it to school in the 70's, my oldest daughter drove it when she was in high school in the 90's. My youngest wrecked it before she had a driving license when she was 15 and it has been sitting since then.

That’s a hard choice. Either my old Mule named Bonnie. We road many miles of trails together and spent every free moment together. She was my mental therapist when I came home from the desert.
My other choice would have to be my 71 Chevelle SS I rebuilt while in high school. That car was FAST. Had to sell it when my son was born

Horses are my favourite form of transport (in my ideal world) but, sadly, I've never actually owned any.
My aunt had horses from the time she was about 13. Before that she grew up on her aunt's ranch and at Chiracaguah National Park (where her dad worked as a ranger). She would work and save up her money and buy a horse. By the time she was 15 she had 4 horses and would ride them in the hills everyday of summer and as often as she could when school was in session. She had a friend that was younger, he grew up to become a professional rodeo cowboy and started a company that went to different towns to teach teen age boys how to ride horses and compete in rodeos. When my aunt went to college she took her horses with her and boarded them a few miles away from the university. When she married and moved to Texas she took her horses with her. When she owed someone money (usually for feed or other horse related things) she would trade one of her horses if she didn't have the money to pay. Back in the 40's when she was in school she could buy a horse for 25.00. Now it is more like 2500.00.

She lived with us when I was a kid so I got the benefit of having horses around, riding, learning about them, and taking care of them. By the time she was in her 60's she had to sell all her horses because of financial issues. She is 89 now and her fondest memories are of her horses.

I have always wanted to ride the Orient Express! I love riding on trains. My favorite car was a Dodge Neon that my father put a down payment on when I graduated college. I could hit 90 mph without trying, in that car. Ah, memories.

I have always wanted to ride the Orient Express! I love riding on trains. My favorite car was a Dodge Neon that my father put a down payment on when I graduated college. I could hit 90 mph without trying, in that car. Ah, memories.
I love trains too. My dream trip would be to take the color ride in the fall across the eastern US states.

What is your favorite means of transportation of all time ? It can be a favorite car, truck, motorcycle, boat, bicycle, running shoes, etc. What was special about your vehicle ?
I'm going with my first car, a 1970 El Camino. It could fly...and did a couple times. Plus, with the bench seat your girl could sit right next to you.