Favorite Vehicle of all time

56 Chevy was the first car that I bought. I had it painted red and had crushed leather upholstered. It was lifted in the back a little and had wide rear tires.
1659752477550.png

View attachment 41830

1987 Subaru Brat. I bought one of the last imported to the US, it was a kinda purplish brown. Best vehicle I ever owned, in 4WD it would go anywhere. It wasn't sexy or fast, but it was dependable and reliable. While Mrs Duke's Blazer stayed nice and cozy in the garage, the poor old Brat sat outside during two of the coldest winters ever. Guess which one wouldn't start?

Sadly it was totaled in 1994 by an intoxicated USAF NCO who plowed into me. Over the years I've looked at buying another one, but they are few and far between. They tend to be mechanically sound but rusted out.
They had a very similar vehicle, if not the same here in Oz called Subaru Brumby, they were very reliable and comfortable compared to other utes of the day.

They had a very similar vehicle, if not the same here in Oz called Subaru Brumby, they were very reliable and comfortable compared to other utes of the day.
Yes, the Brat and Brumby were the same vehicle. The only major difference was right v. left hand drive. I think they were still sold in Oz even after they were no longer imported to the US.

BRAT was an acronym, I remember reading it in my owner's manual. Don't recall what the "B" stood for, but the last three were "recreational all terrain. "

Easy, 1968, emerald green 1968 four door Chevy Caprice, with wood interior paneling. My parents packed up the whole family and roared through California every summer. I was just a toddler and pre-seat belt era - I thought the armrest was a booster seat made just for me. It was fantastic.

Easy, 1968, emerald green 1968 four door Chevy Caprice, with wood interior paneling. My parents packed up the whole family and roared through California every summer. I was just a toddler and pre-seat belt era - I thought the armrest was a booster seat made just for me. It was fantastic.
My Dad had a 1965 four door Caprice, he always said it was his favorite car. I think my older brother totalled it in the early 70s.