Favorite Summer Food

This be good with the beer...add a little more heat to summer....

13124874_1345618735454162_3028153595729217246_n.jpg

My brother, Treeman is the pit boss. He has a smoker, homemade, out of 2, 55 gal. drums split lengthwise and welded together - you've seen 'em. He does a pulled pork shoulder, ribs, brisket - anything that needs 4-12 hours to smoke.
So, I'm Side-Dishman! Slaw & salads, grilled veg & pineapple type stuff.
Here is a secret grilled corn on the cob butter sauce I worked up.
Butter corn and grill corn 4 min.. 1-ish minutes before it's done, paint it w/ this and grill until caramelized.

( 4 ears)
Melt 5 pats butter.
Add 1tsp. minced garlic
1 tbs. A-1 or your favorite steak sauce. (Yes, I only use Ditka's).
Sea salt to taste. Stir.

Last edited:
My brother, Treeman is the pit boss. He has a smoker, homemade, out of 2, 55 gal. drums split lengthwise and welded together - you've seen 'em. He does a pulled pork shoulder, ribs, brisket - anything that needs 4-12 hours to smoke.
So, I'm Side-Dishman! Slaw & salads, grilled veg & pineapple type stuff.
Here is a secret grilled corn on the cob butter sauce I worked up.
Butter corn and grill corn 4 min.. 1-ish minutes before it's done, paint it w/ this and grill until caramelized.

( 4 ears)
Melt 5 pats butter.
Add 1tsp. minced garlic
1 tbs. A-1 or your favorite steak sauce. (Yes, I only use Ditka's).
Sea salt to taste. Stir.
Yup...NOW we're talkin'!!! Bring it on! lol

Reactions: 7Critter
Uh Deb, I somehow also wound up with a recipe book from ....... a former job...... really great hi-end burgers........National chain..........painted all Chicagoland locations....... wanna say it ! (Not without permission.)

I feel like the Roswell of Alien Super Burgers. It's sad.:(
But on my own patio, I'm Burgerman !

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Uh Deb, I somehow also wound up with a recipe book from ....... a former job...... really great hi-end burgers........National chain..........painted all Chicagoland locations....... wanna say it ! (Not without permission.)

I feel like the Roswell of Alien Super Burgers. It's sad.:(
But on my own patio, I'm Burgerman !
Gee, a PM is available for sharing any recipes you happen to have that a Bird would like.....;)

For a unique burger, try these condiments.Thin sliced roast beef & au ju w/ grilled onions and horseradish. Longhorn Steakhouse invented the thing so I just copycat. Buy dense toothy buns. It's a sloppy mess w/o.

Reactions: Debi