Favorite Sci-Fi or dystopian movies

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
YOU SEE THE TOPIC UP THERE! WHAT ARE THEY? WHICH ONES HAVE YOU WATCHED MORE THAN ONCE?
WHICH ONES WOULD YOU NOT WATCH AGAIN?

Gonna add books into this mix! Any books of the genre that grab you?

Last edited:
The Thing,with Kurt Russell.I took my first girlfriend to the drive-in to see it.I didn't get any love,we both had our feet on the seat so it didn't get us.Simpler times.It was a great movie and the most disappointing date.Mad Max is my favourite movie of all time.Being a teen boy growing up in Sydney in the early 80's it had a cult following.I saw it 18 times at the drive-in and over 40 times all together.Some guys had cars done up like the interceptor.I can still smell the oil and guzzaline.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
I've watched Independence Day over 50 times. Armageddon comes in a close second. And every other end of the world type movie out there. My favorite is still The Stand. Can't beat God reaeching down and zapping the bad guys. Loved Logan's Run back in the day, and the ever present Soylent Green shook me up pretty well.

I was a Sci Fi teen queen and read everything sci fi I could get my hands on. That also bled over into Fantasy quickly after since the two sometimes blend.