Favorite Quick Snack

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
It's a couple hours after dinner and a couple hours before bedtime, and you want something to eat.
What's your go to snack?
Do you try to snack at least relatively healthy or throw caution (and calories) to the wind?

Thinly sliced cheddar cheese and Triscuit crackers, preferably Avocado, Cilantro & Lime Triscuits.
6b295667dc0e5af5dcc2baecdb094a24.jpg

You may be the only person I know who eats those! However, the cheddar is a great way to snack. I do that myself only with Ritz.

And then there are those nights when only Fudge Tracks Ice Cream will do! The heck with caution...lol

Reactions: Paulm
View attachment 41402
You may be the only person I know who eats those! However, the cheddar is a great way to snack. I do that myself only with Ritz.

And then there are those nights when only Fudge Tracks Ice Cream will do! The heck with caution...lol
You must not have liked Shredded Wheat either.

Reactions: 7Critter and Paulm
I also like Triscuit crackers and shredded wheat (strawberry and frosted). Usually i will grab a handful of pretzels as a snack. Ice cream is a rarity in my freezer but on occasion i will pick up ice cream sandwiches. Mint chocolate chip ice cream is something i will pick up when my folks are up visiting. There are times i will go healthy and i'll snack on baby carrots...love those things lol.

There is always some variation of chicken , veg and rice. There is a perpetual paella in the summer and a perpetual jambalaya in the winter. And a couple of gallons of salad..

I use chef Jamie Oliver's recipe for paella. That guy knows what he's doing. Fresh flat-leaf parsley, green olives. lemon juice. Wow that tastes like summer !
Then you hit it with some smoke & heat with andouille sausage.
Jambalaya the same way. Smoke & heat.

I like those foods because it keeps my weight down. And frankly you can eat all the salad you want and not gain weight. I have a few nifty vinaigrettes. Tons of herbs from the garden.

The jambalaya recipe came from Jamie Oliver. Leave it to the Brits to outfox us.
(Ben's gonna like that that.)

Jamie Oliver wrote a cookbook that found up somewhere along the line. 'Jamie's America " . He toured America and picked up the best. It was a love letter to America.

Thst guy taught me tons of stuff.

It's a couple hours after dinner and a couple hours before bedtime, and you want something to eat.
What's your go to snack?
Do you try to snack at least relatively healthy or throw caution (and calories) to the wind?

Triscuits are my go-to cracker. But cheddar is too boring unless extra sharp. I prefer something like Gruyere, or Jarlsberg.

That said, my usual before-bed snack is typically a few carrot sticks and fresh broccoli florets. Sometimes an apple.