Favorite Costume

One year I decided to go as a cat. My tail fell off constantly until some woman carrying a huge purse produced 3 diaper pins and managed to attach my appendage...lol I do believe it was at that point the large purse idea imprinted itself into my mind and I've carried what my kids call "the life pack" ever since. Need stamps? Safety pins? Bandaids? I got 'em.

Mixture of both, gotta goose it up with props, make up...
Mom was creative. I remember one particularly cold Halloween when my brother wanted to be Spider-Man. Mom bought him a zip up hooded sweatshirt in bright red. Then she cut long strands of black electrical tape and made webs.
I remember being a hobo, an astronaut with a homemade backpack made out of a spray-painted shirt box and a NASA sticker. And a Miami Dolphin.
Time to flip through the family photo album.

As a child I loved the common boxed costumes. That’s the kind with the thin, one piece, rayon step-in body suite and the molded face mask held on with one thin elastic band.

My favorite part was going shopping and seeing all the costumes stacked up high in flimsy cardboard boxes. Then trying to guess what the costume inside the box looked like based mostly on the art showing at one narrow end of the box.
I misread that as 'common box costumes'. I loved those! Cardboard box with holes cut in it and foil and random stuff stuck to it and a similar box helmet and you are an actual robot every bit as convincing as Robocop. Just get the walk and Talk-in-a-robot-ic-way, and away you go.

I misread that as 'common box costumes'. I loved those! Cardboard box with holes cut in it and foil and random stuff stuck to it and a similar box helmet and you are an actual robot every bit as convincing as Robocop. Just get the walk and Talk-in-a-robot-ic-way, and away you go.
Good catch Benway! I did have a couple of those too. It was extra special when we got a new refrigerator because that box was big enough to for two “box costumes”.

4bcd1fa7a187bdebcbbf4f8956f1b220.jpg
TT-Hanibal-Lecter.jpg